“Very good quality for a 2-star accomodation”
Review of Casa Sant'Andrea

Casa Sant'Andrea
Ranked #199 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Torino
“Very good quality for a 2-star accomodation”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This 2-star hotel offers a very good quality/price ratio. My room was basic but comfortable and clean. The hotel is close to the train station (it takes 5 minutes on foot); you have a ferry stop to Murano on your doorstep and just round the corner (Piazzale Roma) you can get on ferry boats to the city centre. Breakfast is good. The staff was kind and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor, which is served by the hotel's free wifi connection.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DavideTorino79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2012

If you are expecting luxuary this is not the hotel for you however, if you want a cheap comfortable nice hotel then you should look no further than this hotel.

The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was nice and comfortable and clean, beds were comfortable, bathroom was good, room was warm.

Breakfast was basic but nice and filling

Very close to a major water taxi stop and bus station for the mainland, rail stn is also in walking distance.

All in all this is a good base for someone wanting to explore Venice

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank exe1
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The rooms were nice, clean and rather spacey. The food was quite nice/average. Very good location as it is a couple of minutes walk from Piazzale Roma, the Grand Canal and the cruise boat docks. Our view was out the front, we watched The Tourist one night on a cruise boat's huge screen :D
The staff were not very helpful though and seemed grumpy, but not rude, I think it is just their way. Their English was not good either, but my Italian is worse.So don't let this put you off, it was an amazing building, looks a little rough on the outside, but nicely updated inside.
Good value + good location.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank David H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I don't normally write reviews but I just wanted to share my experience to assist other travellers. The reason for my trip to Venice was to participate in the marathon. I was looking for a relatively cheap hotel to spend a couple of nights- I did not expect much. To make this review short and sweet I would recommend this hotel for price and location, however, there were a couple of things that made my stay unpleasant. My issues were related to 1) the lack of hot water and 2) the room temperature.

1) My daily shower is a very important to me as it sets me up for the day. The morning of the marathon I woke up at 6.30 am and there was no hot water and therefore I had a cold start to the day. When I returned from the marathon later that day there was no hot water again. I called reception who said that they would fix the issue. I then waited 40 minutes, longer than the 10 minutes that I was told to wait, and tested the water to find that it was still cold. After raising the issue again with reception I ended up showering in a room on another floor. The hotel was not too apologetic.
2)The room was cold no matter how high we had the heating and when I requested another blanket I was told that it wasn't possible as the hotel was full. I spent the night before the marathon a little restless and cold- not the best start after waking up early that morning to catch a flight from London to Venice. To be fair the hotel did supply an extra blanket the second night however again I felt like my request was an inconvenience to the staff member.

In conclusion, there were good points about the hotel, price, location, breakfast however I think they should expect to provide hot water as a minimum.

Room Tip: I think the first floor is warmer than the second and seemed to have hot water.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank LuLuHade
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I've been with my wife and two years old daughter for one night. Location is very close to car parks and vaporetto lines. Rooms are quite and clean. Service has room for improvement, during our stay no heating was available, our room was probably less than 15c!
Breakfast is fine for the price of the hotel. With the right temperature in the room we should rate the hotel very good.

• Stayed October 2011
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We selected this hotel for it's location to the cruise port and it was only a 5 minute walk from Piazzala Roma, which is where the buses from the airport bring you. It was also moderately priced. That said, the hotel was clean and quiet. The rooms were not american sized, but larger than other European hotels I've stayed in. The breakfast was basic but more than sufficient. The one thing that really bothered me was that the air conditioning seemed to do almost nothing for the room. Unfortunately we arrived during a hot spell and the room was uncomfortablly hot. Called the front desk and they couldn't do anything so we asked for a fan, which they did deliver.

This hotel is also quite convenient to multiple vaparetto lines and the central train station.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mahesh M
Auckland
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed at the Casa Sant'Andrea for 1 night.

The location is great. Less than 10 minutes walk from the train station and right around the corner from the Vaparetto stops and a local supermarket.

For some STRANGE/STUPID reason all hotel guests are given keys to the bathroom on their floor...what is the point? A guest who shared a bathroom with us used his key to open the bathroom door that was CLEARLY locked and walked in on my boyfriend doing his business. Upon complaining to the receptionist he said he could only tell them not to do it.... and then it happened again!! I can understand it's not the hotels fault that the guest kept using his key to use the bathroom then lock it when he was finished- so we never knew if someone was actually in there but what is the point of a key for the bathroom??? If it's locked it's obviously in use!!

Breakfast was average. Lady on reception is rude...Ok for 1 night but we won't be coming back

Room Tip: Get a room with an ensuite
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dkia

Travellers are raving about these Venice hotels