“It is ok for 1 night”

Hotel Minerva & Nettuno
Ranked #336 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had to stay over night in Venice, and we didnt want to leave the island and go to the mainland, so we found a hotel close to the train station (as we travelled by train). It is really close. 5 min walk from the station. Easy to get to the other side of the island where there is San Marco square (30-35 min walk through the island). We took a room wish shared facilities. The room was old, but spacious. in any case we didnt plan to stay there all day, we needed a room to sleep in. we had a room on the first floor with windows watching the main pedestrian road which was very busy day and night. I could hardly fall asleep (there was a specific and loud sound from suitcases dragged by tourists along the paved road). Though we watched a beautiful evening show performed by street musicians. Shared facilities were not so bad as we could imagine. Actually we met nobody on the way to the shower and there was no queue at all. We had breakfast at a nearby cafe - small breakfast but good coffee and buns. So it is ok for one night stay and the sum we paid.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nikolaos K

Reviewed 29 June 2014

First night problems with mosquitos and street noise but the next I probably had got used to it and I liked the action outside. I liked the short distance to the railway station and the affordable price and it's quite ok in every way but nothing extra.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allvis
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel in May 2014. When we arrived we were placed us in another hotel called Hotel Rossi, it was disgusting! When we spoke to the Italian man behind the desk at Hotel Minerva, I showed him my paperwork from the booking agent confirming Hotel Minerva,he screwed it up and told me you stay in Hotel Rossi, he screamed at me and slammed his hand down on the counter and stood over me,I had to stepped back because I was frightened he would hurt me, when my husband told him not to speak to his wife like that,he then got very close up to my husbands face and screamed and verbally abused both of us.We did not feel safe and warn others to beware.
They deceive you with your booking!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Everything was OK here.

Location was OK
Staff were OK
Room was OK
Breakfast was OK... Just...

You get my drift... It was a bit weird having to be walked across the street by the staff every time we wanted to get back into our room.

One day the cleaners left our windows open which isn't a problem, except for that night we were then mauled by Mosquitos or a bug of a similar nature which isn't surprising given the proximity to water.

I'd go again - but I would look elsewhere for something better first.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We only stayed the 1 night here, but thought that is was very good value. The room was clean & tastfully presented. Location was great not far from train station & on busy street with shops & restaurants. At night it was quiet so had no problem sleeping. Breakfast was good & the staff were helpful.We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed for two nights the staff were not very informative and their were hidden charges for wifi and we were charged per person each night for city tax??? Customer service could be improved and standard of the room/bathroom

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This hotel was very underwhelming.
We arrived in Venice expecting 'romance'.
What we got was a rude front desk agent, a room with two single beds which was dirty and hot.
If you book this hotel/hostel do not expect anything but ordinary. It took us an hour to get our room changed and we finally ended up in a room with a Queen bed and ceiling fan, slightly better.
The hotel itself is hard to find, a small door located in between businesses and the most part of the rooms are across the street in another building that you have to be let into each and every time you leave.
Venice as a whole is a beautiful city and worthwhile to spend the extra to get nicer accommodation in my opinion!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor with a ceiling fan. Rooms are very hot with no A/C so a ceiling fan...