“Bad food, worst service, ugly location”
Review of Antichi Splendori

Antichi Splendori
Ranked #1,278 of 1,462 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Don't enter ! Just run ! worst restaurant ever... Too slow, too expansive, small parts... My pizza was one the worst in my life. It's not about cover charge and service extra charge, it's about the fact that don't deserve this money.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

From the moment we walked in, we were met with an indifferent/borderline rude demeanor. Menus were almost thrown at us as we sat. The waiter came over, and we asked for a drink menu because there were none listed in the menus given to us. He says in a rude tone, "What do you want to eat?" So we ordered quickly without having any idea what drinks they even offered. When the food got to the table, it was very obvious that they had microwaved frozen lasagna. Grease was dripping everywhere, and it was just soggy. Stouffers is MUCH better than what I had to eat! The second course came out, and it was all I could do to eat the dry, bland chicken breast and the "salad," which was literally nothing more than iceberg lettuce out of a bag. We didn't even order anything to drink, quickly got our check, and headed out the door - never to return again.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I had pizza here and it was medicore. The service was poor, the restaurant was nearly empty at 9:00 p.m., but it was adjacent to my hotel, so I popped in for a quick late dinner. There was a cover charge and service charge, although the restaurant was empty except for 2 other patrons. I made the best of it, but would not go back. Also, the waiters had a casual attitude and the tables were dingy looking and soiled.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

The food is excellent. This was my second visit to this restaurant. Our waiter, a man with long greasy hair and an angular face.,was condescending about our wine, acting like we were idiots. But worse, we paid separately, 2 people with 50 Euro bills and he insisted that he only got one. First he blames one of the men in our group, who had already paid and gotten change, then he blamed one of the women and told us she only gave him a 20 Euro bill. We didn't argue enough because we all had jet lag from just arriving, and it cost us a fortune. BEWARE!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We only popped in for a dessert each. Although the tirimisus were nice we could not believe the bill - €23.52!!! This included service charge of 2.50 and cover charges totalling 5.00. I tried to argue but the thieving gypsies were having none of it! They really are a nasty bunch in here -AVOID this place unless you are the owner of chelsea football club!!