“Great fish”
Review of Osteria Al Merca

Osteria Al Merca
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Osteria Al Merca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #465 of 1,426 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Great fish”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We went to look at the restaurant before it opened at 6.30 pm and it looked derelict. Spurred on by good reviews we went back and it had come alive. Waitress spoke English but not sure about rest. Reasonable value, good house wine and excellent food. As it is outside and near the bar you do get smokers nearby. Very relaxing though. Closed Mondays.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Teacake_Taster

Milan
“Get you drink and decide whether to have dinner”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a typical venetian Osteria, perfect for drinks and cicchetti. The location is amazing, under a roof that used to be a fish market I think. We loved the atmosphere, w enjoyed the spritzs and the crostini with baccala'. Durign the weekend it may get a bit crowded, get your drink and just walk a bit away from the bar in the little square. Food is really good, just don't forget that each "tapas" costs and trying to taste all it may ended up a touch costly. I would recommend to chose couple of plates to share and sit at the table with the drinks. Locals drink spritz, as tourist Prosecco is fine as well. Very good.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank rlx100
“Horrible treatment”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Maybe they have a new staff but my wife and I had a terrible time there. We stood at the bar for 15 mins and no one came to wait on us so I went to the little counter people were standing at. After another 15 to 20 mins. The locals kept cutting in and ordering in italian. Twice the bartender went right next to my wife at the bar and never acknowledged her. He did wait on the locals. After a few more minutes I decided we weren't getting waited on and left. The people in line were rude and the bartenders were worthless. I don't know about the food but there was a lot left on the plates people left behind.

1 Thank Jeff C
Grenoble, France
“Average Food”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

After reading the glowing reviews on this site I thought I must have visited the wrong restaurant....We went for the set menu and the pasta was fairly average - not the best we've eaten but not the worst either. The meat dish was slightly better...my husband's Pork dish was quite tasty and a generous serve but my meatball dish came with 3 meatballs only (which were pretty small). The dessert was fairly similar...the Tiramisu was fairly average and my chocolate fondant looked and tasted like it had come from a store.

All in all the bill came to 50 Euro and was rather disappointing as we were hoping for a better meal.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank cdg04
West Lothian
“Friendly & relaxing”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We sat outside I. The evening at the bar and had some drinks. It was a busy all round place for drinks and food. Family friendly to .

Visited November 2013