“Italian? Service?”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Nothing was right about this place. I ordered ravioli and received lasagna. After the kitchen help yelled at the waiter,I received my original order. The ravioli was in a sauce that resembled school paste. It tasted a bit better than it looked. I ordered grilled shrimp and received a greasy and over cooked slab of fish. I refused, politely, to eat at because I had ordered shrimp. The waiter said I was lying, the chef screamed at me in an Asian language I could not identify. The waiter almost cried. Only good news was it only cost me 13 Euros not to eat.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We were looking for another TA-recommended restaurant, but (very tired) stumbled into Agli Amici. And were nicely surprised. Most kind staff, good food (not if you're looking foor haute cuisine) and reasonably prized.
We can recommend this place.

2  Thank ReintjeH
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Nice location. Ok service. There is probably much better food but what we got (the Greek Salad) was yummy.

Its a safe bet if you are just getting into Venice.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Had just arrived late morning and was starving and this cafe was perfectly placed opposite our hotel. We had three pizza and one beef carpaccio and it was fresh and/or hot! It was a great place to crash and get our bearings having picked up a map in the hotel. Service was ok, food was ok, everything was ok. If you are using the train this is a very handy place as it's only five mins away. Would go again for lunch but no idea what dinner would be lik.

1  Thank C M
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed across the canal at Hotel Papadopoli and ate at this Trattoria a few times. The restaurant is run by an asian family and they thrive to deliver good service. We enjoyed the outdoor seating where you can watch people pass by. The food is good value for money.

2  Thank HolgerG909