“Warm Welcome and Stylish Hotel”
Review of Hotel Moresco

Hotel Moresco
Ranked #3 of 388 Hotels in Venice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Moresco just for one day and night but I wish it had been for longer. We chose it as it was near to the station and we were arriving by train from Vicenza. From the moment we arrived we were made so welcome. We were given coffee and croissants on arrival as our room wasn't ready and when we returned after a long day trekking round Venice we were show round our beautiful stylish room which had absolutely everything a weary traveller could want- comfy bed, extra pillows, gorgeous bathroom with amazing complimentary products, lovely towelling robes and an expression machine! We stayed in some lovely hotels during our trip across Italy but the Moresco by far had the friendliest, most helpful staff and I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travellers. I just wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AntheaJG
Write a ReviewReviews (2,018)

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel! They think of all the little and big things. The location is perfect - close to a major waterbus stop but far from the touristy area. The hotel is lovely with great towels - which is a major criteria for me. The breakfast is very substantial and scrumptious. Every person working here is so very helpful. I only want to return again and again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel, although not on the Vaporetto route, was in a great, central location. The rooms were beautiful, the staff extremely helpful, the breakfasts and happy hour treats delicious, and the ambience very special. If we're ever able to return to Venice, my husband and I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It was a jewel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Tripadvisor comes up trumps again! I was very pleased to have found Hotel Moresco on Trip Advisor when trying to find a surprise hotel for my wife for a romantic break. The service was excellent when we arrived and also with the communications beforehand. Our room was upgraded when we arrived and the accommodation is perfect.

For us, the location was also perfect as we love to walk and explore new cities that we visit. I could imagine however that this may be an issue for some visitors so be aware that it's a good 30 minutes walk to St Marks Square.

All in all, faultless for us and highly recommended.

Room Tip: We didn't have a room overlooking the canal and it didn't detract from our experience.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I can't find a single fault with this hotel; from start to finish, everything was perfect.
As travel organiser, and having visited Venice on several occasions, I felt under pressure to find something a bit special to celebrate a 50th birthday. Booked and cancelled a couple of other choices last autumn, before I found the Moresco almost by accident.
The rooms are beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and have the best en-suite showers I've experienced in Venice. We were a group of 4, and the hotel thoughtfully provided us with 2 rooms located within a small lobby area: the Tailor and the Knife Grinder. There is also a lounge, breakfast room and, oh joy : an enclosed garden where one could take breakfast.
Breakfast was simply superb: definitely the best I've had in a Venetian hotel. Excellent range of fresh fruit, fresh juices, pastries, cakes, and something I have never seen before in any hotel I've stayed in: a whole honeycomb. Service was excellent in the breakfast room and there was also a good choice of dishes cooked to order, and hot chocolate, a range of coffees and tea to order.
All the staff were welcoming, courteous and friendly, and extra details like booking our water taxi from/to the airport, to reconfirming our reservation was most appreciated.
The location, for us, was perfect: away from the crowds, but within easy walking distance of several bars and restaurants, and all the sights and sites of Venice. Another bonus: the hotel entrance is right on a canal, and as we were arriving late at night, it was comforting to know that we wouldn't have to negotiate streets with our luggage in the dark.
We stayed for 3 nights in May 2014, and no-one wanted to pack up and leave; honestly, there were tears from some on departure day!
Next time I visit Venice, I won't have to waste hours researching hotels; I've found the perfect one!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarnia G
Reviewed 13 July 2014

A truly great hotel. Everything from the staff to the rooms to breakfast. Outstanding. The hotel is beautiful, immaculate. The rooms are spacious, clean, quiet, nice amenities and linens. We arrived to fresh fruit and chilled wine. The breakfast, the best and first true latte after spending 4 weeks travelling through Poertugal, Spain and France. Great way to start the day. The breakfast and staff are excellent. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely sat here again. The location is quiet and away from the crowds. You feel as if you are living as a Venetian. Water taxis, vaparettos and train station all nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

What can I say. This hotel was fantastic. The staff were all fantastic,and made u feel very welcome. Special thanks to Mirco and Lorenzo who we dealt with the most..The rooms are are spacious and very nice. Truly deserving of the #1 hotel in Venice.would stay there again in a heartbeat.A hotel of excellence.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family