“Group Tour with Rossana was THE BEST TOUR I experienced in Italy”
Review of Venice Kids Tours

Venice Kids Tours
Ranked #9 of 186 Tours in Venice
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hi! We are Rossana and Federica. We’ve been a local guide here in Venice for several years now and we really love what we do, especially meeting new people from other parts of the world and showing our Venice from an insider's point of view. Not only important monuments and museums but also little alleyways picturesque squares where you get in touch with everyday life that in this water town may sound a very special way of living. Since we have kids of our own, we particularly enjoy working with families and kids!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My Aunt, Uncle and I took a week long tour of Italy after I spent a semester abroad in London. We started our tour in Rome, then we took the train to Florence and finally ended our journey in Venice. We only had two full days in Venice so we did a kamikaze tour package to see the sights. By happenstance we had Rosanna as a guide for one of our scheduled tours. My favorite tour of the entire week in Italy was Rossana's- she was very friendly and engaging, and didn't make us feel like embarrassing tourists. We not only learned a lot about Venice's history, but also some of Venice's folklore, language, and architecture while walking along the canals of Venice.
Make sure to get an early tour (ours started at 9 am) that way you can see the city "waking up" as shop keepers begin opening up their stores. Also, the tour was much more laid-back and leisurely than most other tours Ive experienced, which may also have been because of the time of day. Overall, Rossana made me and my family feel welcome in Italy. I truly recommend a tour with Rossana if you are visiting Venice!

3  Thank Emma H
"historical tour"
"wealth of knowledge"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was one of a group of 4 retirees on a first visit to Venice. We arrived in Venice from the US on a Tuesday afternoon, so not being sure how we would feel on Wednesday, I set up a 2-hour tour, with Rossana, of San Marco and the Doges Palace.
Rossana was a great choice and we really enjoyed the tour. She is very conscientious and before our visit she contacted me to see if we wanted to see parts of the Doges Palace that required a special ticket (we didn't). She was resourceful (the church was closed due to the funeral of a well known cleric, but she got us in to see what was available there). She also carries a special bag to turn a daypack (which needs to be checked) into a hand bag that doesn't need to be checked. She is knowledgable and her English is good. She knows a lot about art history as well as Venetian history. We were so sorry when the two hours were over.
Rossana suggested a non-touristy place for lunch where gondoliers eat, and we had some difficulty finding it. We emailed her and she responded right away with the website
My only regret is that we didn't book a longer tour so we could explore some of the hidden parts of Venice that Rossana loves to share with visitors. Hopefully we'll get to do that another time.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I could not have been more pleased with our private tour with Rossana. She met us at San Marco and gave us an interesting and very well informed tour of the cathedral. She then led us on a guided tour of the surrounding neighborhood streets and campos. We just loved her enthusiasm and friendly demeanor. She even suggested a few great places for us to eat after our tour.

To top it off, she took the time to map out a walking tour for us to take later of the Jewish Ghetto and the surrounding sights. It was a great experience and we definitely recommend her.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our first time in Venice and wanted to make sure we got to experience it with a private guide. I contacted Rossana who promptly emailed me back and with her help we came up with the perfect tour for our family. We had the best time on this tour. Rossana is very knowledgeable and a pleasure to be around. She made us feel like we were visiting a friend. She answered all my questions before we got there, even the ones not pertaining to the tour. Rossana is the perfect guide for your visit to Venice. If I ever go back she is the first person I will call.