“Excellent”

Hotel Ai Reali di Venezia
Ranked #45 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I arrived here with my partner for my birthday. The Hotel is beautiful I was taking photos of everything. The staff were ever so friendly and I really enjoyed staying here. It is a luxurious hotel with a beautiful marble bathroom. The only disappointing factor was the spa treatments were overly expensive so we didn't have any and to use the steam room, sauna and jacuzzi was 40euros for only 2 hours. We did take advantage of this which we felt refreshed after doing so. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank viinny
Write a ReviewReviews (1,457)

995 - 1,001 of 1,457 reviews

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Overall this recently opened hotel is very good being in a prime location close to San Marco and the Rialto. The service was excellent and the staff, who all have good language skills, are extremely friendly. The room is a little small but itis Venice. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed and recommend it.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 7 February 2013

This Hotel is relatively new and still has some growing pains. But the value is well worth it. The rooms in the pictures show some larges room but the one we had was very small #302 9'x9' if you bring more that one bag there will not be any space for anything else. The bathrooms have walk-in showers " Nice" no jumping in a tub. The refurbishment has been done very well, back to the time period with the herring bone floors and marble entries are the rule. The beds are the best we have slept in Europe. Pain: the toilet seat was improperly installed and kept falling of the toilet. We told management but the didn't seem to care. No Robes and no Slippers which we usually find at other 4 stars. No Kleenex in the bathrooms or soap holders. Small nits to be aware of.

Room Tip: #302 corner has two windows but is very small
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank porscheblue
Reviewed 1 February 2013

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. It's in a great location in Venice and right on a canal. The service was spot on, we were welcomed with a glass of prosecco in the lovely little bar downstairs, we arrived alot earlier before check-in time and it wasn't a problem, they sorted out our room immedietly so we could go straight up. We stayed in a junior suite and it was divine, old italian decor, lots of space, views of the canal seperate toliet and shower with heated flooring and a stool in front of the mirror which really came in handy when I was getting ready. the room was palacial, just luxury. The only downside was that the bed was two single beds pushed together and was a a bit of a slanted sleep in the middle which was uncomfortable at times, which didn't make sense to me, theyve clearly spent so much on making the hotel luxury and special but then no king size bed in the suites. Also the breakfast could've had more selection, there wasn't much to choose from and no toast or beans which I think are a must. Other than that it was lovely and I'd recommend it to anyone visiting Venice.

4  Thank Kamilla1983
Reviewed 25 January 2013

This review is for the spa, restaurant, staff and general atmosphere of Hotel Ai Reali. I've traveled to Venice several times. On this particular trip, I decided to find a new hotel for my next trip. I had heard great things about the new Hotel Ai Reali and decided to check it out. Now I cannot wait to return to Venice to stay at this absolutely gorgeous hotel.
I used the facilities at Ai Reali several times during this trip. The first time, I relaxed in the bar and enjoyed a glass of prosecco. While the atmosphere is elegant, the staff is very friendly, especially Andrea whom I met each time I stopped by the bar.
The second time, I booked a massage at their spa. I arrived early, so I sat and had a freshly squeezed juice in the bar. I must have mentioned that it was my birthday, because the very friendly, ever professional Gianni surprised me with a small gift of a Venetian mask while his co-worker Yana played Happy Birthday on the piano. What a treat!
The spa itself is very relaxing. I enjoyed the sauna, showers and whirlpool prior to my massage. It's sparkling clean, nicely lit and decorated. The massage was one of the best I've had. Roberto is a very professional and talented massage therapist. He really worked out the kinks and pain I have in my shoulder from sitting at the computer. I had the Massage Reali (80 minutes) and I would definitely recommend it. I only wish I had more time this visit for a second massage.
I also ate dinner in the restaurant. Like the hotel itself, the restaurant is formal yet friendly. I was happy to see Andrea again - he is very knowledgable and explained the menu to me. I asked to eat "something different" and was not disappointed. The broccoli flan was a nice vegetarian option, and the maialino (slow-roasted pork) is worth a trip to the hotel on its own. I would go back just to eat that. The desserts were also fantastic, especially the chocolate cake and cinnamon gelato.
I look forward to being able to rate the rooms the next time I stay in Venice. Grazie a Gianni, Andrea, Roberto e Yana for making me feel welcome even though I was not yet a guest! A presto!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
10  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 16 January 2013

The best part of our European trip was our stay in Venice. One of the most gorgeous and luxuriou s hotels we have stayed in. Upon our arrival, we were upgraded from a classic room the junior suite with canal views which was a pleasant surprise. Our room was SUPERB! The room was spacious and beautifully decorated (the entire suite and the hotel has the classical-palace-Venetian theme which fits in very well to Venice) and the service was excellent.

The bathroom was gorgeous - full marble and gold with a massive bathtub for those that like to take long baths after a day of sight-seeing and walking.

Free wifi and the breakfast assortment was great. Hotel restaurant was also good - I would recommend people dining there for a night of relaxed and refined dining (i had the lamb and the rabbit - cooked so tender it melted in your mouth).

Centrally located - 2 minutes from the Rialto Bridge and 5 minutes from San Marco square (assuming you don't get lost in the maze that is Venice).

We stayed at this hotel during low-season so it was very affordable, however, during summer prices may double. Nevertheless, during the low-season, it was great value for money.

I would def. recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 310 - the junior suite. Gorgeous room!
13  Thank thanhtunguyen
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We arrived at this hotel on the 7th Jan for 3 nights. We were offered a drink in the hotel's lovely bar on arrival and then shown to our fabulous room, which was spacious and beautifully decorated and furnished, with the most amazingly comfortable bed, I think I've ever slept on. The hotel was in a quiet square, along a canal literally 2 mins walk from the Rialto Bridge and about 7 mins from St Marks square, so it's location was just perfect. The breakfast was delicious (best scrambled eggs ever!) and was far more substantial than we thought it would be, it was a great start to our busy days of walking and sightseeing. We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening, although the menu looked delicious, as we simply ran out of time to try everything, but we would definitely eat there on our next visit. The fantastic staff were friendly and welcoming, always happy to chat and answer any questions or offer advice on Venice. The hotel also offered a Complimentary boat trip to Murano (well worth a visit), there really didn't seem to be anything that they weren't happy to do, nothing was to much trouble. Having never been to Venice before the standard and service offered by this fantastic hotel, really did help make our 3 days so great. We would absolutely visit again and would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a Junior suite which was beautiful, our room over looked the...
12  Thank w123Uk