“good find late at night”

L'Osteria San Barnaba Ristorante
Ranked #473 of 1,426 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Ashland, Oregon
“good find late at night”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

super friendly wait staff, excellent choices, friendly to my child and moderately priced. Food was good but not exceptional. So easy on the wallet and easy on the palate.

Visited March 2014

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“A super little restaurant”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We found the restaurant by accident,looking for somewhere less overpriced than nearer the Grand Canal. The place is long and slim and we went both times at about 1400 (in February). Admittedly, we both ate fish in various forms. We found it splendid in every respect. The two gentlemen front of house could not have been more polite and caring, with a degree of humour. Suffice it to say we went back for three meals, and I would goagain. It migh be a different tale in the higher season when I can imagine it quite crowded. But I would not hesitate to return, which is more than I can say for Venice!
My advice would be to ignore the negative views and try it for yourself.

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Really why did we even consider this place?”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Are we serious? Is this how Italians eat? Pasta uncooked (both dishes), service mediocre, place alright, but the food was absolute disaster, I don't think they employ any Italian cooks. The table next to us return 2 dishes back to the kitchen to cook them again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Marios123123
East Sussex
“Terrible food”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

The kitchen is run by non Italians .We order pasta dishes and was not cook enough(not even al dente).Worse pasta ever!I order fetuccine with radish and it was really rubbish.Sour and uncooked.Try some other places

Visited February 2014
Leeds
“okay but how did it get excellence award?”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We went in here because it had Trip Adviser Excellence award and another recommendation in the window. Also, it was Christmas day and we didn't want to go anywhere expensive and many places were closed. However, we wondered whether the awards were for a different place - this seems to be connected to at least one other restaurant and we thought the awards might be for that place rather than this. We had decent pasta and fish with a nice wine. There was a selection of homemade tarts for dessert. We chose one. It was nice enough. Although I would not condemn this place, I would not call it "Excellent".

• Visited December 2013