“Unusual cuisine”

Restorante Ribot
Ranked #495 of 1,416 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
north of england
“Unusual cuisine”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had a table for 8 and it felt as if we had our own terrace. The menu had a wide selection and the selection was different from your general tourist fare. Loved that about it, love trying something new.

Visited July 2013

• Arabic first
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great octopous at Ribot restaurante”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The charming outside terrase at the back and the waiter's friendliness made a memorable night. The 4 of us had different dishes and they were all very good but I must say the octopus was to die for !

Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good food -- but skip the breakfast offerings”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We were sent there from our hotel and had a really good lunch meal. The staff were warm and attentive. Our hotel has an arrangement with the restaurant for breakfast, too. When we popped in, I was underwhelmed by what we saw. It wasn't expensive for a buffet, but it was pretty much toast, rolls, yoghurt and fruit. I would rather have lovely pastries from the local pastry shop that are more memorable...

Edinburgh
“Poor service & poor food”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Visited here with my husband and was thoroughly disappointed. The service was incredibly slow and when the food did arrive I wasn't particularly impressed. I had the sardines with onions and polenta to start. This was ok but the temperatures were all over the place - cold onions, luke warm sardines, hot polenta. It was just odd. For main I had the ravioli of sea bass. The pasta was far too thick and I could hardly taste the sea bass for all the rosemary that it was covered with. My husband didn't fair much better. Wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ruined our stay in Venice! Avoid!”
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Although the staff were friendly, my praise stops there I am afraid. First night of a long weekend break, so spent my £1.99 O2 allowance on surfing Trip Advisor for somewhere nice to eat. Oh dear, the food was slow arriving and average tasting, tables lay unmade around us and it seemed like those in the quieter room were seen as "out of sight - out of mind" as we rarely saw any staff, but lots appeared to be happening in the main restaurant! I won't go into great detail but I can only say that within 4 hours of eating here, I was napping on the bathroom floor between bouts of sickness which continued for the next 12 hours. 2 days later I still can't manage more than a basic plate of chips :(. Hope this helps!

1 Thank Ange B