“Delicious, a hidden gem”
Review of Osteria do Gobbi - MOVED

Osteria do Gobbi
Price range: US$37 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castello
Description: If you want to take a dip in the history of Venice I recommend you come here where you can delight in the typical Venetian dishes and local wines , make a historic journey with pictures and books back to the past with an entire staff of the site that will help you to understand more about the history of Venice and its traditions , the evening turns into a room with a romantic dinner by candlelight for all lovers.
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Just digesting our delicious lunch as I write. My lovely girlfriend had spaghetti with duck ragu, which was fresh and super tasty. I had a first class spaghettini with seafood, one of the very best I've had. We shared a ham with melon, tasty and plentiful, and an excellent tiramisu.
Definitely worth a visit and it was undeservedly quiet on a Friday lunch time in May. It's a place for locals not tourists, but they have English menus and the staff speak very good English.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

In Italy, amazing food doesn't have to be expensive and the restaurants that serve it do not have to be pretentious. But you have to know where to look. We wanted a neighborhood restaurant that cooked family recipes that knocked our socks off. In particular I wanted seafood. We asked our hotel for a recommendation and they suggested Osteria ai do Gobbi. It's a small place that will not grab you from the street, but once in the door you will be hard pressed to leave. They start with a complimentary glass of prosecco. Then I moved to mixed salad and mussels. My husband started with ham and melon(figs were out of season). They were as outstanding as the mussels! Then he went to the red mullet that were cooked to perfection and just delicious. We were full by that point but cannot wait to go back tomorrow for lunch and will definitely fit in the tiramisu then-- we here it is the best thing on the menu!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Saw the good reviews on tripadvisor and decided to try it out. We were really disappointed, in fact it was the worst meal we'd had during our stay in Venice. The staff were attentive and friendly enough, but the menu was uninspiring and disappointing. The food was OK, although it mad so little impression on me I cannot remember what I had now.

The do not offer any vino della casa by carafe unlike everywhere else, so we ordered several wines by the glass - one of the reds was very good but others were a little tired as if they had been open for a while. They also said that they did not serve water by the carafe only bottle still or sparking, a practice which we find dreadful (in France where we live, it is against the law not to offer tap water and bread - a practice which could be adopted everywhere!!).

So many great restaurants in Venice, choose one of them and not here in our opinion.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Seafood is their focus, which they do well. We had fried seafood, and mussels to start. Followed by 2 pastas, and a delicious sole. Fabulous chocolate pudding and tiramisu to end meal.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We came upon this restaurant on our last night in Venice on our mother and daughter trip. The service, the food, and the ambiance were absolutely wonderful! It was the first time wwe sat inside and enjoyed a meal in a quiet corner. There are wonderful pictures of old Venice on the walls.