“Beautiful hidden secret”
Review of Palazzetto Madonna

Palazzetto Madonna
Ranked #115 of 388 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here for our honeymoon. The hotel itself is lovely, decorated to a really high standard with a touch of modern combined with Venician elements.

We were fortunate enough to stay in the canal view suite which was basically two rooms combined (rooms 03 and 04). Both were stunning inside with a superb en-suite bathroom. Our only negative point is that having stayed in many hotels around the world we expected a suite to be a bedroom with separate living area with seating - instead we were given two bedrooms with an adjoining door. We found this strange at first but were more than delighted with extra the space. However, upon reflection , we would have been happy with just the one room at a cheaper price.

I should also point out that one room had a balcony over looking the canal which was splendid to sit and watch the world go by over a glass of wine/champers.

The staff at the hotel are wonderful and are a big credit to why this is such a great place to stay - they literally could not do enough for us in terms of recommending places to eat and also answer many of our questions (being first time visitors to Venice).

It is really difficult to pick fault with this hotel as we had such a great stay. However, the only thing I could say which lets it down is the breakfast. It is abit lacklustre in terms of choice, no fresh orange juice and coffee from a machine?!?!

On a personal note the hotel was informed that it was our honeymoon prior to arrival, from which we was promised a bottle of prosecco as part of a booking confirmation. This however did not materialise which was a slight disappointment. We could have followed this up with reception and I am sure it would have been provided. However, it is small details like this that make a truly great hotel.

Overall, I would certainly recommend this hotel, its modern, clean and the staff are superb. If they can iron out some of smaller details this will truly be an exceptional place to stay.

Room Tip: Request a canal view room - certainly worth the extra money. Also take a private water taxi from...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrgug
Michele T, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Palazzetto Madonna, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Good evening from Hotel Palazzetto Madonna****L - Venice.
Dear 'Mr Gug',
first of all let me thank You for being our guest, and as well for the time spent for this review.
As we only opened in June, Yours was for as a very important feedback, because as You should now, in the start-up period this kind of suggestions are really appreciated: of course we were really happy for everything You loved as the room, the friendly and helpful staff (thank You for Your sentence 'The staff at the hotel are wonderful and are a big credit to why this is such a great place to stay'), the location and all the rest.
But again thank You the most for the small suggestions You were able to notice, we fixed the little faults so that we are ready (and happy) to welcome You back whenever You like to be rated 5 stars this time. :)
Best regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2013

What a gem of a hotel. Great service, very pleasant staff, extremely helpful, amazing hotel, rooms stunning, breakfast in the open garden a dream. Love it love it love it. Easy to find from Garnd canal, vaporetto stop San Toma, walk 3 minutes and you can find it (look for the house number). The staff actually walked me to a local littel restaurant. I was very lucky to be upgraded to a stunning room number 6...if you can, book it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The hotel is newly renovated... Everything is still very neat...

It's decorated with harmony and style flattering all senses...
I had the chance to be upgraded to a Deluxe room..and i vé been offered a bottle of Champagne

Ideal for a true romantic experience of Venice

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Emoband
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Boutique hotel in a perfect location, central but quiet. 10 mins walk from bus station or you can get a private taxi to drop you off outside ion the canal. Water bus is 1 min walk away.

Staff are amazing!!!!! very helpful!!!!

Can you really see that is has taken 4-5years to refurb this place, as it looks amazing!!!

Huge TV hidden within a mirror is a neat touch and a TV in the bathroom is sweet!!! Black out electric blinds!!!

NOTE: we stayed in the Economy room and was perfect. £155 per night, I would it is worth a little more than this.

Breakfast is standard European, but is nice. I wish places would start to provide a proper fry ups!! but that’s just me.

1  Thank Kewal B
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My family stayed in this Hotel for supposed to be 5 days but was cut 1 day short beacuse our Delta flight was cancelled and that was horrible ,I called the hotel to notify about our flight that was cancelled and they were very nice to us and what a suprised when we got in the next day ,Hotel was very nice ,bathroom is very clean and no musty odor { I'm very paricular with the cleanliness of bathrooms} .Breakfast was great and the people were very helpful .Thanks to Luca for making our stay in Venice very enjoyable and we had a great time .Will see you next year .........JVMARINESCU

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jocelyn V
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This splendid hotel has every luxury in a quiet spot in venice. Easy walk from the piazzale roma ( parkings, buses, station) about 9 minutes or even better take the vaporetto to ca thomas. From there 1 minute to the hotel. You walk easy to the attractions of the city, or again take the vaporetto, ca thomas is only a couple of 100 meters. Breakfast also great. We had room 112 modern stylish decorated and a separate sittin room with view on the canal. Bathroom highly modern and tastfull.
In our opinion a true beauty with everything so close. A couple of houses next to the hotel a great enotheca!

2  Thank winningspirits
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I chose this hotel for my girlfriends suprise 40th birthday. She had no idea we were going to Venice until we arrived at the airport !! I booked directly with the hotel and Luca could not do enough to help with my requests. The hotel was immaculate and all the staff very friendly and acomodating. Nothing was a chore or a problem and everyone was smiling all the time making our stay even better.
The room (109 - deluxe facing the courtyard with private balcony) was more 5 star than 4 star. The TV in the mirror was a classy touch and the bathroom spotless !!
Location was central but room was so nice and quiet at night. We booked Venice link private water taxi which dropped us right at the front door of the hotel. Your are 5 mins walk to the San Toma water bus stop and 20 mins walk to Rialto bridge.
Thank you to Michael and his staff for a truly wonderful and unforgettable stay in one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited. Just hope you all keep up the great service and cleanliness for our return in the not too distant future !!
My girlfriend was blown away by this hotel !! I proposed on our last night........ any ofcourse she said yes !!

Room Tip: Room 109 facing the courtyard. No pool or fitness centre, you would have to stay at the Cipriani for...
2  Thank Graham B