“Good selection of cichetti”
Review of Osteria del Cason

Osteria del Cason
Ranked #1,103 of 1,434 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$20 - US$93
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Polo
Toronto, Canada
“Good selection of cichetti”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We were determined to try a wide sample of cichetti while we were in Venice and this place met that. We sampled all their fresh tapas for one to three euros a serving. The chef was continually bringing out more to keep the selection ever changing. Considering we had never ordered cichetti before the server was helpful in getting us set up. It is a fresh and clean restaurant that seems renovated.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Joiedevivre218

“Recently renewed amazing restaurant!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We were highly recommended to go here! What a terrific place! The restaurtant is clean, renovated just a few months ago. The seafood is really goos. We had the scampi al rosmarino. Simply delicious...to die for! We were also offered a great grappa! Smiling and friendly hosts. We will be back!!

“Great osteria veneciana!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We were highly recommended by the place we were staying in and have to admit that this plave is very good! We had some ciccetto before dinner, and then we enjoyed the fresh grilled fish! The owners are kind and price are absolutely reasonable! More over it is very well located, just behind the Frari's church and a stone's from san marco square. Wine was a treat and the view of the canal faboulous. Highky recommended!!

• Visited June 2013
“We are definitely coming back”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

After an awful food experience on our 1st visit to Venice, this was our second time here (now with my parents and sisters) and we just needed to do it right. When we walk by this wonderful restaurant I knew it wouldn't disappoint :)
Away from the crowds, this Osteria has a very welcoming and quiet atmosphere. The mixed appetizers were delicious! My parents and husband ate baked fresh fish with potatoes (tasty!), my sisters and I tried the Risotto and our friend the Carpaccio. Everything was delicious and we are definitely coming back!

1 Thank Caro2401
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ricardo knows his grappa!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I was simply looking for a night cap with a friend, but Ricardo made it a real tasting experience.... I would never have guessed that grappa could come in so many flavors!!! I highly recommend this venue for a drink, and next time I will have dinner as well... It is, by far, the most friendly place I have been in Venezia...