“Highly recommended”

and up
I Musici Veneziani Concert: Baroque and Opera
Ranked #2 of 29 Concerts & Shows in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: The Orchestra I Musici Veneziani was formed in 1996 and owes its prestigious name to the carefully considered selection of some of the most accomplished of Venetian virtuosos. The Orchestra pays tribute to Vivaldi performing the "Four Seasons" and, with Sopranos, Mezzo-Sopranos, Tenors and Baritones internationally acclaimed, performs "Baroque and Opera," the most beautiful arias of the Baroque period. The concerts, enhanced by exquisite 18th costumes and jewerly, are performed in the wonderful Salone Capitolare, on the first floor of the Scuola Grande di San Teodoro in Rialto, where in addition I Musici Veneziani enact the most famous and beloved Opera of the great Giuseppe Verdi: "La Traviata".
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent performance and good acoustic. We listed to the Vivaldi's 4 seasons and we recommend this to classical music lovers and not only!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)
All reviews
"wonderful evening"
in 53 reviews
"opera singers"
in 42 reviews
"scuola grande di san teodoro"
in 23 reviews
in 345 reviews
"baroque"
in 100 reviews

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The musicians were first class and the venue was beautiful. The concert was exactly the right length. I would definitely book again if I were back in Venice.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I am not an Opera goer but thought it would be appropriate to go to something while in Venice. The Opera Concerto was excellent. The musians and performers were attired information period costume. The setting was the grand theatre school with clear acoustics and it was not crowded, buy more like a private show. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Venice is the home of Vivaldi so it was an experience I enjoyed very much.
The setting was gorgeous and the Vivaldi Four Seasons was beautifully presented. The performance lasted for around an hour and a half. If one has the time a lovely way to spen an evening in Venice

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We absolutely loved both concerts - Opera Balletto was top class: soprano, tenor, string quartet (with harp) and delightful ballerina. The Vivaldi string group was amazing: 2 violins, viola, cello, double bass and harpsichord/organ - but the icing on the cake was the amazing virtuoso violin soloist!!! We're so glad we didn't miss these concerts whilst in Venice.