“Wonderful classical music!”

US$34.74*
Virtuosi di Venezia: Vivaldi Four Seasons
Ranked #1 of 28 Concerts & Shows in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: The Orchestra I Musici Veneziani was formed in 1996 and owes its prestigious name to the carefully considered selection of some of the most accomplished of Venetian virtuosos. The Orchestra pays tribute to Vivaldi performing the "Four Seasons" and, with Sopranos, Mezzo-Sopranos, Tenors and Baritones internationally acclaimed, performs "Baroque and Opera," the most beautiful arias of the Baroque period. The concerts, enhanced by exquisite 18th costumes and jewerly, are performed in the wonderful Salone Capitolare, on the first floor of the Scuola Grande di San Teodoro in Rialto, where in addition I Musici Veneziani enact the most famous and beloved Opera of the great Giuseppe Verdi: "La Traviata".
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The entire experience was great! To be in Venice and to hear Vivaldi, Alboni, Mozart and Bach performed by such talented musicians was absolutely wonderful!
Even though the seating was slightly uncomfortable, the music made up for the slight discomfort of the close-together webbed seating.
The performers in costumes was a very nice addition.
I would recommend this concert. I even bought and brought home a CD of the music.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (1,522)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

A wonderful night out that I will never forget. The orchestra & singers were all dressed in period costume and the entertainment was first class. The Soprano was excellent - she sang so well that the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. This is a must for anyone visiting Venice.

1  Thank MissTChapman
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Ok. It's not really the opera. It's a selection of 16 pieces taken from various operas. If I remember correctly there were 9 musicians (flute, 2 clarinets, 2 violins, a viola, a cello, a bass, and a harpsichord), and 3 vocalists (1 soprano, 1 tenor, 1 Baritone). The concert last until 2200 and there is a 10 minute intermission half way through. Tickets are sold in either front section seats (36 Euros, i) or rear section seats (26 euros)and then it's first come first served. We bought front section and got there early both times, so we had front row seats both times as well. Everyone in the act wears period costumes and the vocalists put on a bit of an act to make it a bit more lively. My daughter never seemed to get bored of it. I myself thought it was a nice way to wind down the day before heading out to eat or going back to the hotel. While good, it's obviously not something for the "purists" out there.

2  Thank theswissmister
Reviewed 6 August 2014

A wonderful evening for lovers of Italian opera (this includes Mozart).
Beautiful voices and lovely, spirited players, all in period costumes in a historic Venezian Scuola.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Skip the gondola ride and hear Vivaldi in a beautiful renaissance setting. We spent an evening doing so and it was absolutely a highlight of our trip. It was great value and totally a wonderful way to spend limited time in Venice. It capped off a great evening.