“A new perspective of Venice!”

Litera Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #84 of 165 Tours in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: Litera Tours - Travelling through literature and cuisine! Our aim is to make the visitor feel like a real Venetian citizen for one day and and to let him discover the most hidden corners of the city, out of the mass tourist routes. Our tours are always customized on the traveler's needs and desires, and we always mix arts, literature, food and wine!
“A new perspective of Venice!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I've been on several occasions in Venice and I wanted to experience something new, out of the traditional tourist "routes", so this winter I turned to Litera Tours for a tour of Goldoni and I was really impressed by the skill and sympathy of the guide; 2 intense hours of walking with detailed and interesting explanations. And finally, a fabulous chocolate enjoyed in a typical inn (impossible to detect without knowing it), really a blessing given the cold day! In short, absolutely recommended.

Visited December 2013

Clovis, California, United States
“Our private, very personal tour”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

It was our first trip to Italy. There were so many details and plans to make I didn't know where to start. I contacted Monica and was immediately impressed with all the details and help I was given.
Litera tours planned private cooking & private photographer on the backstreets of Italy. Places where tourist don't usually go, Along with other tours. This was an amazing vacation and Monica took care of all the details, quickly, professionally and perfectly. We plan to go back and would not make any plans without contacting Litera tours. Other companies just can't compare!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent serve, attention to detail, and a trip beyond our dreams.

Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Just great!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I wanted to organise something special as a birthday gift for a dear friend visiting Venice and I was advised to get in touch with Litera Tours. Well Monica was just great! She combines the great professionality, to the very unique literal touch, to the personal warmth! I also wanted to organize something a little bit more special for my friend and her boyfriend and she was great in advising and organising something particular for them (she organised a litera- tour on a gondola for the two of them on a sunset, making sure to be personally there to greet them. They ended up LOVING IT! So strongly advised!

Visited April 2013
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Private Venice”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Our tour guide, Andrea, was exceptional. He took us through the backstreets, over quaint bridges and was very knowledgeable about Venice, being a native. After being on several tours in other cities the individual tour with my husband, two granddaughters and myself was wonderful. We learned so much about the history of Venice and saw places other tourists never see including a visit to a local fish and fruit market and the coffee bar where Casanova was said to have spent time. We were limited on time but if we go again, I will definitely take another of the tours. It is money well spent!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank PnLn
San Francisco
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fabulous time in Venice!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Litera tours owner Monica Poli created several fun and fabulous tours for us during out time in Venice. 1. An afternoon with a wine expert of Veneto wines. We had a one on one personal wine course and tasting at a local tavern to learn about the wine region and wines of the Veneto. 2hours turned into 4 hours! What a great way to spend a Venetian afternoon? 2. Hidden gems of Venice. Our guide showed us secret areas of the old Venice, the time of the great families and their hiding places, drinking and party establishments as well as how the present day Venetians travel and get around their beautiful city. 3. A day in Verona and eating/wine tasting in the oldest restaurant in Verona. Fabulous day seeing the sights, walking and learning about Verona history and then spending the afternoon eating and drinking wine the Italian way! A six course lunch with wine pairings! Litera Tours pays attention to detail and makes sure that you get the experience you are looking for. Thank you Litera! I want to go back to Venice!

Visited September 2012