Antica Casa Coppo
US$373
US$287
US$417
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ala - Historical Places of Italy(Venice)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$309
US$238
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgrand canal and st marks squaregreat locationgladly stay here againincluded in our raterialto vaporetto stopdetailed directionsquiet alleyexpensive hotelcomfortable staycroissantsquiet at nightloved venicerooftop terraceno liftsan marco squarestayed here for nightsham
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel is centrally located close to San Marco Square but on a quiet street. Also near at least two other nice small Squares with good restaurants. Rooms are somewhat small. First time in Venice so this might be standard. Staff is pleasant and very helpful. Cluadia walked us several blocks to the grocery store. One of the few places in Europe where we could get a bucket of ice for our room. Breakfast room is small but we never had a problem being seated. The only place on our month long trip where eggs were served. Wifi was free and actually worked. My only suggestion would be to have two chairs in the room so we could chill out between activities.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristine L
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Very rude and unpleasant service, the place is tiny and the rooms are not even near what you see in the pictures, we were rushed to finish breakfast because there is not enough tables. And as a finalle, my daughter forgot a neckless on the table, came two hours later ( before anyone checked in) and it was gone, the cleaning lady ( the same rude one from breakast) decline that it was there...
Beware, a real tourist trap

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ran O
_ACC_Venice, Responsabile reception at Antica Casa Coppo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear R.O.,

thank you for your prompt as well as unfair review: we were waiting for it indeed, as your attempt of having your holidays paied by our hotel failed. Unfortunately since TripAdvisor has become so popular we are not the first hotel threatened to receive a bad review if we don't pay this or that sum of money.
Let us only give our version of the story for the benefit of our future guests.
You came back to collect your luggage at about 4pm and mentioned to me (the receptionist, I'm not even similar to the lady serving breakfast that morning) that you had lost a necklace and that it could have been left into your room.
Since nobody, neither my boss, nor the maids, have left any necklace for me, something that they are used to do when guests forget their belongings in the room after check-out, I had to check the hotel system to verify who cleaned up your room that morning and it results that both our maids cleaned that room together (one of them has been working here since the hotel has opened and she found a lot of forgotten belongings, including pcs, Ipods, brand glasses, one of the first I-phone,...) . So I phoned to one of them and she confirmed me that they didn't find any necklace.
As you were not satisfied with the response, I let 2 of you enter the room, praying you not to touch or move anything since guests were supposed to check-in soon and maids at that time had already gone. The system shows we have been inside the room between 16:28 and 16:35 and I don't even need to say that I had to tide up the room by myself after your departure, since you walked everywhere, and moved the possible to search your necklace that, by the way at that point you were sure was left on the shelf in the bathroom.
I've been working in 3 to 5 stars hotels for years up to now and I cannot even say how many times I've heard this story about the forgotten necklace, but I didn't accept your requests of a refund. I instead propose you to check into the vacuum: small things could been aspirated indeed.
When you saw how seriously I was taking your matter, you decided that the necklace was not so important to check into a vacuum (still quite important to have a refund for it) and left.

Needless to say anything else I suppose.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Very good location, close to most of the major sights, but far enough away to be quiet. Hotel staff were helpful and welcoming, and the rooms were comfortable, if not large. Air conditioning. Only drag was the breakfast room, which is very small, and the guests have to eat in shifts. The breakfast buffet was fine. Would recommend to others visiting Venice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were 6 adults travelling from Australia, to attend a family reunion in Malta - and decided a little detour in Venice was in order. All our bookings and enquiries were made on line, before we left, and we found Claudia to be extremely helpful and considerate to requests made to accommodate our 79 yr old mother. Hotel gave precise walking directions on how to find them once we arrived and the rooms were clean and in excellent condition. Great water pressure in the showers and air con. Breakfast was included in our fee, and we enjoyed the variety on offer (including scrambled eggs and bacon) and the cuppacinos made to order. The offer of leaving our luggage in storage until our actual departure from Venice was much appreciate. Thank you again to Claudia and her team for such professional and courteous customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for the (one room on the) ground floor if you are a traveller who wants to avoid stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The location is excellent even It was hard to find at first. It was dark when we arrived. The hotel is close to San Marco.
The staff is helpful.
We where in a room near to the breakfast lounge and in the mornings you can hear breakfast preparation. For us it wasn't a problem, but for people who like to sleep more it could be.
Really nice hotel!