Hotel Belle Epoque
US$266
US$324
US$267
1,020 results
All reviewstrain stationluggage storagevenetian stylebreakfast room isbreakfast staffhotel lobbyhamnice roomcroissantsexcellent locationair conditionerfew minutes walkgrand canalwater busmurano glasspiazzale romavisiting venice
Reviewed 16 November 2013

All Venice hotels seem to be a rip off, and Belle Epoque is another of the tired, faded hotels ripping people off.

Many reviewers refer to the rudeness of one of the men on Reception - and every word is true. Why any hotel owner would want such an employee in a hotel is baffling. A suppressed grunt was the most I managed to get out of him - at the time of Check Out. Rude, unfriendly, very strange ... Customer service skills: ZERO!

When we entered the dusty room [103] it stank of some cheap fragrance - to mask something?! Even in late October it was stifling, and as soon as I opened the window, several mosquitoes joined their friends already in the room. The air con had already been switched off for this year - if indeed it had ever been turned on.

The breakfast was not great at all.

There was no-one to help with the luggage, and when we left our cases there on the day of check in and check out, no-one to keep an eye on them.

It's convenient for Santa Lucia station - but otherwise best avoided.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The location alone makes the hotel better than average. The hotel is only a block from the train station and is on a busy street of restaurants, shops and an Irish Pub. The hotel itself is very nice as well. The lobby is welcoming, though the employees at the front desk are less than friendly. Be sure to have that city tax money in cash...and make it exact change too! God forbid they make change for you.

The rooms were fine, however we left the windows open to enjoy the weather and were eaten alive by the mosquitos! I looked like I had polio the next morning. The bathroom was just as small as you'd image most European hotels to have. I'm not a small guy and I had to squeeze in to the shower doors. Once I got in I was fine. I wouldn't think you could shave your legs in there though. The toilet was very odd...it was like a murphy bed type toilet. When you were done with it you pushed it up back agains the wall. I thought it was rather efficent actually!

The breakfast in the morning was suitable; cold meats, breads, etc. Coffee made by the attendant...don't touch that machine or she'll get mad at you! Juice is there too.

I'd stay here again. I love the location and the cost wasn't bad at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2013

this hotel is close to many things but could definitly use an update. The breakfast was good and the staff friendly enough. restaurants and shops are just outside and the staff is helpful to assist you in planning and booking reservations and activities

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jmacpitt2013
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed at the hotel during mid of October. When we got into the room which is unexpectedly small, the air conditioning was not working. We have been informed from the woman at the counter that the hotel shut down the air conditioning during this season. The problem is that the room was stink and smell strange. We need the air ventilation and when we opened the window, there were the small bugs came in. We have to bear this when we stayed. Moreover, there was no free wi fi. The ad may mislead if they said it is available at the lobby. Yes, it is but it costs you. I paid for the stay about 160 Euro a night. It's not worth paying this much for the room and service I got. The hotel is near the train station,unarguable, but if I Could do it again, I would not have picked this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in October. The first impression that greeted us was a rather rude man on reception who we seemed to inconvenience by wanting to check in. When we finally got to our room, first impressions were small, bizarre curtain decor on the walls, but okay for the price. After spending more time in the room we realised a rather unpleasant damp odour, and upon lying on the bed found it also to be damp. The next morning we returned to the aforementioned receptionist to ask why the room smelt damp and the bed appeared to be wet. We were greeted by his first smile and a response of 'this is Venice, everywhere is damp'. We returned to the damp room later in the evening, it smelt considerably worse, and we realised the smell was emanating from the dirty carpet. It was not easy to sleep in this room with the constant attack of what we assumed were mosquitos buzzing around our heads the whole night. We returned home to the UK with many souvenirs of bites. Needless to say, I would not return to this hotel. Ever.

Room Tip: I would suggest choosing a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple