“not to recommend for many reasons”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Ca' del Pozzo

and 1 more site!
Ca' del Pozzo
Ranked #199 of 468 Venice B&B and Inns
new york
“not to recommend for many reasons”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

no one was there upon arrival, we lost a whole day waiting,
not that easy with luggage and two small children

we only found her thanks to asking around in the neighbourhood and waiting even longer,
if you dont know any italian you would be completly at a loss.

phone number is false, she can not be reached.

it seemed to happen frequently judging from nieghbours reaction.

no water pressure at all bath just dripping, no soaps nt enough towels for the amount of people we were.

no breakfast other then a few crackers left in the room

room was clean,
other then that very uncharming apartment

lots and lots of stairs to walk up

completely overpriced for what you get

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank jenny8NewYork

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Queensland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights. We arrived in the floods, vaperotto on strike, and into the evening after a horrible ordeal with airlines cancelling us from Vienna then we had to train there!! That is another story. So we arrived in Venice for our second time in the evening. Upon several phone calls did as per instructed - WALKED from train station to hotel, a long way with heavy luggage and as you know alot of bridges, stairs etc. Met by a pleasant lady, then the stairs!! they were shocking. Large room for 4 adults, not a bad position to spots of interest. Dissappointed with the fact of beds not made, door left open, I believe she got side tracked with her paperwork. No boat trip to the island eventuated through lack of organisation. Breakfast was there but certainly not eaten, packaged dry food, certainly not appealing. Bathroom was clean, as was the kitchen. She advised we had to pay cash after we were told credit cards were accepted. So very mixed feelings about our stay at Cadel

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Venice hotels

UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2008

We wanted somewhere cheap to stay as the £ is very low. The B & B was comfortable - near the top of a 4 storied building; the rooms were large, beds good and each room had ensuite facilities. We also had a kitchen to use when we wished with fridge, cooking area and an extra sofa bed if needed. The kitchen was important for me as I can't eat dairy products so I brought some things of my own. The breakfast provided was yoghurt, fruit and packaged croissants/cakes - no fresh bread; coffee was good. We could have tea or coffee any time and we could cook if we wanted. The Manageress was very helpful and met us in the local square and led us to the accommodation.

• Liked — its flexibility - it was like having a flat of our own
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2007

Just returned from a 3 night break at Ca' del Pozzo. Totally agree with the comments from Plepper, Portland. Told to ring the B & B for someone to meet us - phone number unobtainable. Managed to find the vicinity of the B & B with maps but had to ask several locals for the exact location (down the dark alleyway).

Had to climb the 58 steps to the 3rd floor - no offer of help with the luggage from the man who let us in but he didn't waste any time in asking for the 10 Euros for the extra needed for arriving after 6 pm!

The room was large, well furnished and very clean. The bathroom was the same but still no water pressure! No chance of a shower and took 20 minutes to run a few inches of water in the bath! Breakfast delivered to the room - very poor. Still no mention of the free boat ride to Murano.

The location is really good - walking distance to St Mark's Square.

Stayed April 2007
4 Thank patiano
Portland, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2007

My wife and I stayed at this B&B March 11th & 12th. I am still unsure
what the place was (a hotel? B&B? Family residence?). After placing a reservation for a room at this B&B, I was given detailed instructions on what to do when I arrived by train into Venice. I followed the instructions and called the B&B, but nobody answered hence nobody met us at the Accademia bridge to escort us to the B&B. My wife and I proceded to make our way to the B&B, and by luck of God found it down a dark ally way! Then we found out there was no elevator, it isn't an easy hike to the top with luggage!

Our room itself was fantastic. Large and well furnished, with our windows looking down onto the main street that led to San Marco's. The bathroom was also large and nice, but the shower lacked any water
pressure, making bathing an ordeal. I have been to Europe many times and realize this is common, but this was very bad. Our room also shared a wall with the office where we checked in. It was awkward.

Breakfast was a roll, juice, and tea. Average offerings.

This wasn't a bad hotel per se, but I just couldn't shake the feeling
I could have found something better. The web-site for the B&B is also a bit misleading, offering a free boat ride to Murano etc.

Overall, I think I have received better value at other hotels in Venice that were cheaper and simpler.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2006

I stayed at Ca del Pozzo's San Marco apartment during my backpacking trip. I also had a chance to see the bed and breakfast rooms and the apartment is much, much better.

We got off the waterbus and Sebastian was there to meet us.
He walked us to our apartment, which is just in an alley way near
St. Mark's Square. When he suddenly randomly opened a door on the side of the street I had my reservations, but our apartment turned out to be great!

It had air-conditioning, a rooftop view, huge closet
a decently-equipped kitchen and fridge
(they even had cartons of juice and milk ready!)
biscuits and bread,
a laundry machine (trust me, this is VERY necessary in Vencie when everything is super-pricey!)
Queen bed, and small TV.

It was pretty clean with fresh towels.
It was very close to the vaperetto stop and St. Mark's.
We had no problem finding it and trekking around Venice.

Highly recommend staying here in Venice.
We got a pretty good deal too, 80 EURO per night for 3 nights.
Definitely better than the pricey hotels in Venice.
If you can take care of yourself you don't need a concierge!

Downside: The incoming mobile phone option is not really true. They don't give you a mobile phone at all. As well, the free trip to Murano coupon is also false.

But we got a good deal so we didn't complain.

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank iamcanadianenuf
Kaiserslautern, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2006

I originally booked the B&B but they had a last minute cancellation and gave us their apartment for the same price, €150 a night. It was a full apartment, 1 bedroom with a pull out queen bed in the living room. It had a canal view and was in a perfect location. It was so peaceful and just made our stay in Venice even better!

• Stayed April 2006