“World Class Charm in Venice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Venice
Al Teatro Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 479 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed two nights at this gem. It was our first time in Venice. We stayed in the Amber Room which was super spacious, clean and extremely comfortable. The room has a lovely balcony overlooking the canal where singing gondoliers can be seen passing by. It was a treat! Eleonora was a gracious hostess. She served a delicious traditional breakfast every morning. Her daughter baked a traditional Venetian bread for us. Eleonora gave us a map and pointed out landmarks and a few good restaurants for us to try. The B & B is in a great location close to the vaporetto stop (Giglio) and across from the Fenice Opera House. I highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast. My daughter says it felt like home! Eleonora felt like family. Staying here was truly a wonderful experience! We will definitely go back! Monica and Marina from Chicago, IL.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this B&B in December. Host was very nice and helpful with getting around Venice and giving us tips. Breakfast was delicious each morning! Our room was very nice - clean and a good size. It was a little cold but since it was December and most buildings are not heated very well we understood. The B&B was in a great location - we were able to walk to San Marco in a few minutes. If we are ever in Venice again we would stay at this B&B.

Room Tip: Green room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NLH85
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We are not normally B&B kind of people, I usually like the anonymity of a hotel or ability to self cater but I really struggled to find a decent hotel in Venice at a decent price and took a "chance" and booked into our first B&B.
It's a decision I'll never regret, Al Teatro has everything we needed. The room was huge, we had a large double/queen bed and a single for our son. AC in the room if needed. The room had a small balcony overlooking a small but busy with gondolas canal.There was free WiFi in the room, and a good bathroom. It's an old building with wonderful old floors/ceilings, I loved it.
Eleonora is exceptionally helpful, provides superb breakfasts, very helpful,interesting lady , she appears to like travel herself so I think she understands what her clients want.She arranged a private water taxi for our arrival, which was very helpful. Later in the day, we pretty much had the place to ourselves apart from the other family staying here, whom we saw just briefly at breakfast.
It's in a great position, handy for most ares of Venice, easy walk to a vaporetto stop (Giglio)- maybe 5 mins .
I couldn't recommend Al Teatro more

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We could not have been happier with our 3 night stay at Eleonora's Bed and Breakfast. The location is spectacular, the rooms are large, quiet and very comfortable (and air-conditioned). Our daughters loved sitting the in the window and watching the gondolas go by. Eleonora was a wealth of information helping us book all of our restaurants and plan out our days. We started each day with amazing cappuccinos and her daughter made a breakfast pastry for us one morning that was fantastic. We will be sending friends to stay and look forward to the day that we can stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SMSBoulder
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Terrific location on a quiet back canal, reasonably priced for the area, good breakfast, incredibly comfortable bed. Balcony overlooking the canal is lots of fun. Eleonora gave us indispensable advice about dining and transportation options. Be sure to ask, as there are lots of mediocre, overpriced restaurants in the area. Spacious room for three and newly renovated bathroom, plus extras you don't always get, such as racks for our suitcases and reading lamps on both sides of the bed. Our only quibble is that the excellent air conditioning beeps three times every time it turns on or off, which interrupted our sleep many times! We found San Marco too overrun with tourists, but if you do want to stay in this area, you can't do better than this B&B. Book early, as it is booked through November and already taking reservations for next summer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kittypye
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I spent two nights here at the tail end of our Disney Cruise.

The ship kicks us off at 830am and our check-in was for the afternoon, we had time on our hands to explore. It took us about 40 minutes from the cruise ship terminal to arrive at the B&B. We didn't take the most optimal route.

We took the water bus from the ship terminal and got off at the San Marco stop. The B&B was about a 10 minute walk from there. There is a better way and I highly recommend you consult with Eleonora (the Hostess) prior to your arrival for best directions.

Even though we arrived early, and interrupted everyone's breakfast, we were warmly greeted. Eleonora was busy serving guests at the time and requested we leave our bags and go have fun exploring for a couple hours while the rooms was made up. She handed us a map, which she would later go through in great detail marking attractions, favourite restaurants etc.

Venice is a truly unique place. The buildings are old, the corridors are narrow and my wife and I admittedly got lost a number of times. Eventually you learn to take note of the landmark stores/shops. There are so many shops and so many restaurants to choose from.

We noted the locals spoke enough English that language was never a problem. That said, I felt we were taken advantage of in one restaurant of our own choosing near the Realto Bridge. The waiter brought me two dishes, neither of which I ordered and made us pay. It was quite an argument. I would highly recommend dining at the restaurants Eleonora suggests.

Our room was exceptionally clean and featured the usual amenities of a hotel including A/C. Windows need to be close for the A/C to work. Free WiFi is also included. (1Mbit connection which was fast enough). We had the Green room (The Amber room was booked). The room featured three windows to the canal: 1 from the bathroom and two from the bedroom.

Pro Tip: The wooden shutters close in addition to the windows for a dark night's sleep. You'll hear boats and Gondoliers from early morning to late evening but that's just part of the experience. .

We paid 80 Euro for a 40 minute Gondola ride. Prices seemed to be fixed and not very negotiable.

We needed to get to Marco Polo airport and Eleonora helped us with two options: either by the public transport which was the cheapest at 16 Euro each but would take two hours OR via private taxi which cost 125 Euro but only took 1/2 hour. We opted for the private taxi because it picked us up right at the B&B and took us directly to the Airport. No stops. Eleonora phoned the day prior to book the taxi.

All told, it was an enjoyable experience. There is so much to see/do that we didn't even scratch the surface while we were there.

I went through some of the old reviews that gave an average or poor rating. I want to note that Eleonora now lives with her family in another home now. Those staying at the B&B are guests. Contrary to those reviews, my wife and I found Eleonora to be a friendly person who was extremely helpful.

Thanks Eleonora!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lagin_Vancouver
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Al Teatro B&B for 2 nights in June 2014 and had a great experience. Eleonora is a wonderful host. Her family has owned the home for 5 generations so she is very knowledgeable and extremely willing to help. The house is gorgeous and has a beautiful ceiling fresco in the breakfast room. Breakfast was very good as well. Unfortunately, we were only able to enjoy it once though, since we left at 7:30 on the day we were departing (breakfast starts at 8:00). We stayed in the Amber Room, which was spacious, clean, comfortable, and had an awesome balcony overlooking the canal. It was so romantic laying in bed with the windows open and listening to the songs and music of the passing gondoliers. The location is also fantastic. It is a minute walk from the Giglio vaporetto stop and just a short walk away from St. Mark's basilica. We would recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple