“Hidden Gem!! Great Murano glass pieces! xx”

Alice in Wonderland Fine Arts Gallery
Ranked #33 of 119 Museums in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: Murano glass gallery, mosaics, glass paintings in the heart of Venice not far from San marco square near the Biennale d'Arte
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem!! Great Murano glass pieces! xx”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This little hidden gem is tucked away away from all the hustle and bustle of tourists. There is so much rubbish on sale in the usual tourist shops, so I was really glad I found this shop and got gifts, made in Italy, by hand, instead of the usual made in China but branded Italian souvenirs!There are so many interesting pieces, especially the Salvadore Murano Glasses, of which I purchased 2 sets of 6 - 1 set for myself and 1 as a present.

Back in London, everyone that has come to my house and drank out of the glasses has asked where I purchased them....luckily Alice In Wonderland have a website and ship all over. I've saved this website to my favourites and would definitely look to order from here in the future.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Rani S

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“An amazing find in Venice”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

After walking in centre and see the same stuff everywhere you go, I decide to walk far away from the crowds and I end up in this street Via Garibaldi and I noticed this massive window with an amazing display of glass artworks and this great name Alice in wonderland . I was looking for something different and the owner Sergio show me this beautiful piece of art made his daughter Ketty and I fell in love with her mosaic sculptures mirrors, different types of animals and fish, church, saints, anything you wanted was there. I brought for my collection 2 fish and an amazing mirror in mosaics.I asked if they could deliver to my home and Sergio organise home delivery . I got them after 5 days and perfectly intact. Thank you Sergio, you were the perfect host and thank you for showing me your gallery with all Ketty's art, I really felt that i was in wonderland.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank giobello
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Rude staff. Don't go.”
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

The staff in the shop are rude and unfriendly. The 'art' is amateurish and overpriced. Avoid at all costs. Do not go here.

2 Thank Ben D
alicefinearts, Proprietario at Alice in Wonderland Fine Arts Gallery, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Mr we are sorry for your revue , but we must say that , the gallery was closed in the period
you where in Venice ,for hollidays ,
best regards Alice in Wonderland fine arts gallery
Utrecht, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exquisite Work!”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Through our good fortune, we stumbled upon this tiny shop located a little off the usual tourist track. I was in awe of the detailed and colourful tile work of a mirror frame, laboriously made by Ketty. Later that evening, my partner surprised and delighted me with the news that he would purchase it for me for Christmas. It has just arrived in our home in the Netherlands, carefully shipped via fed ex.

When you are in Venice, forget the tourist junk, and buy the work of a skilled local artisan. Ketty's work is superb!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Debi B
Saint Louis, Missouri
119 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“We love our new work of art!”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We recently returned from Venice where we commissioned Ketty to do a mosaic of St. Mark's for us. It arrived today and we absolutely love it! She did a fabulous job using many different textures and beautiful colors. It's even more gorgeous than we could have dreamed. Thank you so much for giving us a very special memory of our trip to Venice!

Visited October 2012