Al Gallo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ada(Venice)
Hotel Falier(Venice)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2006

After being ushered to a private taxi from the parking garage, we found ourselves in Piazza San Marco with all of our bags and a bad internet map. We finally oriented ourselves and found the ally that the hotel entrance is located. Then we met him.....

Yep, the owner's famous father. He began by berating us on how we should have found the hotel. I tried to change the subject by asking him about local restaurants. We never found the one place he recommended. He took quick smoke outside, he was happy to show us to our room. The room was clean and enjoyable.

The morning continental breakfast was individually wrapped rolls and jellies.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank N928J
Reviewed 18 January 2006

Although the hotel is a bit tricky to find, and the rooms have a somewhat cramped feel, overall I really enjoyed my stay and would do it again. The owner was very kind and upgraded the room for free because a better room was available. The included breakfast was simple but good, and the small staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank Katie L
Reviewed 22 November 2005

Although I had booked this hotel over the internet, when I arrived I realized I had made a big mistake, and had been misled. I immediately sought an alternative.

The hotel is really a pensione, and is quite out of the way. It has a huge staircase to climb,no porter, and depressing-looking rooms. The single staffer who was there on my arrival did not speak English. This could be the perfect place for students, but even by Venice standards, the place is overpriced.

One piece of general advice to women traveling alone:
You must have a decent hotel with a concierge.

4  Thank YaacovG
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 13 August 2005

Great spot, it was a little tricky to find, but in Italy the best thing to do is ask a local for directions.
As with any country the best thing to do in Italy is to greet a person in their language especially when looking for some help. A smile and a bon journo or scuza go a long way.
I enjoyed my stay there, and I found the hotel clean and the staff friendly as well as helpful.
The coffee in the morning was done to perfection, a great way to start the day.

Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Leiden
Reviewed 12 August 2005

I was with my wife and children. The hotel conveniently located from the railway station, which is very important for those who visit Venice. The owner is extremely kind and helpful person. We had an excellent time. Especially our children liked the wonderful apartment we were provided. I recommend Al Gallo for anyone going to Venice.

• Stayed: July 2005