Destinia.com
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
3,131 results
All reviews lovely hotel minute walk quiet location water taxi off the beaten track hotel bar bars and restaurants upgraded to a junior suite eggs and bacon the hustle and bustle croissants real venice glass factory main attractions train station vaporetto stop canal view
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2019

Lovely hotel in a less busy area of Venice. On arrival we were quickly checked in and had an upgrade to a superior room. Room 208 was a double room and nicely decorated, not much of a view (mainly brick wall) but hey, we weren't in our room much. Couldn't get the safe to work properly. No problems with the aircon. We did have a couple of mosquitoes in the room (I have the bites to prove it), I think they come in when the staff close the shutters in the evening. In the evenings we would sit outside the hotel and have a beer and chat to the other guests before heading off for dinner. Breakfast was good. We had an 5am check out, the hotel arranged the water taxi for us and supplied a 'to go' breakfast. We did the evening boat tour which is arranged by the hotel, 35 euro per person for about 50 minutes (max 10 people). We took some great pictures at sunset. We would definitely stay at this hotel again!

3  Thank Jacqueline G
Reviewed 24 October 2019 via mobile

A trip to Venice can go either way- massive crowds, exorbitant prices, indifferent service can render the vacation a major disappointment.
We were so lucky last month to discover the Ai Mori Hotel, a hidden gem of a hotel in the Canareggio neighborhood, slightly off the beaten path. It was lushly opulent in a Moorish theme but at the same time modest and tastefully decorated. The staff was very helpful but never overbearing; the bar food/ room service was surprisingly excellent. Our room, overlooking one of the smaller canals, was very comfortable and peaceful.
Will definitely return!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank nycdebs
Reviewed 22 October 2019 via mobile

I usually don't post any reviews about the places I stay as I trust the public remarks and leave it to my own experience. My experience with this hotel really urged me to write a review to share my feelings. My partner and I both work in the service industry and stayed at lots of different places around the globe.

We checked into this hotel on Saturday afternoon. The female staff was very nice to greet us at the reception. We told the staff that we are only staying for one night as we are travelling to our next destination tomorrow morning. They allocated us room no 305. The room was very nice but the existing temp was 28C' which is quite unbearable without the usage of aircon. We tried to turn the aircon but discovered that management has shut down the aircon and customer service staff need a permission to switch them back on. The request seems like an effort for reception staff to accommodate specially the male staff on duty that day. I was bit surprised that why there is no one present there from the management or had authority to make any decision when weekends are the busiest times for most businesses ! It is quite unacceptable for a 4.5 star hotel.

After a while, we received a message from reception that management has decided to switch the aircon to accommodate guests which was a great news. We went out for a stroll around the city and came back in the evening. The temp was still 28 C' and aircon was not working at all. We called a staff member to assist further but they were only able to offer us a fan, opening a window but unable to accommodate the request for change of room and aircon. Staff member was quite blunt to say that we can't help any further....sorry.

We opened the window after the advise received from staff member. Unfortunately, we were attacked by a big bunch of mosquitos which left us nothing but a very very uncomfortable place to sleep at night and got bitten by them one after another. My partner has red sores all over his back and forehead.

We were both very angry with our experience as we could not sleep well that night and we have a 14 hours flight to get to our next destination. Next morning, we just want to get out of this hotel as we both were itching and just not feeling well. We had breakfast which was nice. We checked out earlier than usual time but no one from the front desk asked about our experience staying at this hotel. They seemed to not care at all and just want us to move on. We both did not feel welcome at this hotel and everything seems to be an effort for the staff.

Overall, I will never ever stay at this hotel. My only suggestion to management is that they need to teach their staff good customer services plus management skills. If it does not work, they need to allocate right staff to manage the front desk to maintain their reputation. Good luck !

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 992waseemh
Reviewed 20 October 2019 via mobile

A very nice hotel and out of all the tourist area’s which was perfect. Was very difficult for me to write this review.

A beautiful room and location, but overall I was not happy with room 305 which we were placed in. It was getting late in the season and already the latter part of October. The temperature outdoors returned to Venice and it was in the low 22’s after being cooler last week. The room temperature was 27 C when we entered the room. I turned on the air conditioning, but it did not work and this was not acceptable.

I went to the front desk and everyone was very nice. I explained it was very warm in the room and they told me they were sorry, but the air conditioning had been turned off last week and there was nothing they could do about it, other than offer a fan for the room. It appeared it was an effort for them and I was told I would have to speak to the management about this. Apparently there was no management even on the property?? This was unheard of that nobody could make a decision as to what to do? None of the staff apparently can do anything?

We went out to explore the city and upon returning to the room was told they were able to get the air conditioning turned on and the room was now very comfortable. However, when we went into the room it was now 28.6 C and not working at all...just blowing air.

They did bring a fan to the room which was nice, but still too warm and did not serve the purpose and it was the principle!

The service man came to the room and he checked the system and then assisted in opening the window, but this was not acceptable for a 4 star hotel. I asked the polite service man who came to the room to have our room changed. He stated the hotel was completely sold out, but had we requested this when we checked in this could have been possible. However, this was not offered, nor suggested from anyone at the front desk, even though they knew we were not happy since the room was so uncomfortable and very warm. We were only staying the night and we had to deal with the situation.

Needless to say I am not happy about this at all. Rarely do I EVER leave a review like this. When I booked the room through a third party it also stated I would have a balcony room with a canal view, but instead our view looked out to a wall.

To top it all, the mosquitoes were so bad and with the window open they were biting us throughout the night. We had mosquito bites all over our forehead, hands and arms.

The buffet breakfast was also very nice. When I checked out at the front desk not one word was mentioned about how our stay was. Everyone knew about this incident and they didn’t even apologise, but no one was ever rude...just not very accommodating to us!

I am very well travelled and have stayed in many many properties and never had a situation like this go unresolved. I had higher expectations as the reviews are very good. However, I will not be recommending this property to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Ron780
Reviewed 18 October 2019 via mobile

We spent 5 days at this lovely hotel celebrating a big anniversary. The staff were attentive and patient with questions and took time giving directions. Our room was great, the bed very comfy, turn down service and a big breakfast with a lot of variety.
I highly recommend the hotel- close to 2 vaporetto stops as well as the first Alilaguna Arancia stop from the airport. The neighborhood is quiet with restaurants and bars nearby but not too close to be disruptive.

Trip type: Travelled on business