“Great Hotel...location, staff and service excellent!”

Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo
Ranked #13 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 22 December 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo at the end of November for 3 nights with my family. The hotel is small and charming and is easily found from the Vaperatto, down a narrow alley. On arrival we were given a warm welcome by Walter and my husband and I were upgraded to the Junior Suite, which was a lovely surprise.

The location of the hotel suited us perfectly, as is it just far away from the main touristy areas but also close enough to easily access all the major attractions and must see locations - this is the best of both worlds from our point of view. We visited a number of excellent restaurants in the area by the hotel and Sandro or Walter will recommend and even book for you, that's service!

The breakfast was tasty, a selection of pastries and cereals, you don't really require much more.

I chose the hotel from reading reviews on trip advisor and was not disappointed. It is the value for money, the service of Sandro, Walter and the rest of the team along with the location that make this a great place to stay. I have already recommended it to my friends and will stay here again if I return back to Venice in the future.

Thank you very much Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank robyngc

Reviewed 20 December 2010

I enjoyed staying at the Al Ponte Mocenigo. Walter is amazingly nice, the whole staff couldn't have been nicer to my family. They make the place what it is! Breakfast was very nice as well. But I have a few reservations, also:

-The beds were the hardest I have ever found in a hotel. Our backs were aching.
-The storage space in the rooms is very limited. Don't go there with a lot of bags. There is a wardrobe, but that's it. No dresser, and not even any significant storage in the nightstands.
- The bathroom needs a stand or shelf for your toiletries.
- The location is very convenient for the #1 vaporetto. However, the San Stae area where the hotel is located is very dingy (even for Venice) and depressing. (Granted, it was raining during our visit). I'll vote to stay closer to the Rialto/San Marco areas next time, although they are more costly.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank phil80920
Reviewed 20 December 2010

we stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed a great fresh choice for breakfast; fruit, cereals, rolls, croissants, jams, juices, yoghurts.

Our room was perfect, warm, quiet and spotlessly clean. All the staff we met were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Bed was very comfortable too

Would stay again most definatley

Reviewed 19 December 2010

We based our room selection off of photos seen on tripadvisor. We opted for the room with the balcony view over the canal. The hotel is within very close walking range to the San Stae water bus stop. We arrived early and were able to get settled in right away. When Walter opened the door to our room, the angels sang from the heavens! Beautiful furnishings, murano glass chandelier, fabric walls, wooden ceiling, balcony with beautiful canal view, huge bathroom. The staff were all a delight and were very helpful. The breakfast was plentiful and delicious. The croissants and cappuccino was the best part of our morning. We would stay at this hotel again. Thank you to both Walter and Sandro for providing the accommodation that made my Venetian experience even more magical.

1  Thank KellyCanada75
Reviewed 16 December 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night only since we did not have that many days to spend in Italy and we figured one night, two days for a small city like Venice should be enough. We were not wrong. It was plenty of time to explore the city.

One of the best parts of our time in Venice was our stay at this hotel. We looked at Trip Advisor before choosing this hotel and the reviews were very encouraging. So we booked one night. The reviews were all true. This hotel was amazing. The people who worked at this hotel were so friendly, warm, welcoming and professional. The rooms were very well decorated (Venetian style) and they were extremely clean. We stayed at the annex and the rooms were brand new. It was such a romatic experience as well thanks to the decoration. The receptionist (migth be the owner of the hotel) was very helpful when we wanted to check in early and when it rained cats and dogs (offered us umbrellas, rainboots etc.)

If I go back to Venice, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The hotel is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at and the rate is so affordable for a city like Venice.

It did not only meet our expectations, but exceeded them. I highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2010

Although I did not get a chance to stay at this hotel, yet felt compelled to write a good review.

From the review on this site I had decided to book it. The staff Walter and Sandro immediately sent me an email about my booking. I had a few question which they answered upfront and honestly. Due to some change in plans I could not stay at this place, and they were very understanding.

The awesome service experience even before getting to the hotel validates their great reputation on TP. I am definitely staying here when I am Venice.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Chose this for its good reviews and was not disappointed. The hotel is maintained to a high standard, clean rooms (stayed in annex, rm 31) and very friendly staff.
Breakfast was good and set us up for the day.
My only complaint was the v firm mattresses and pillows, as mentioned in other reviews. I used the cushion instead of pillows provided. On check out, mentioned this and was told they have soft pillows and mattress toppers available. I should have asked them but didn't bother, if you don't like a firm pillow just ask at reception.
Location was perfect for the No. 1 bus and it was a very pleasant area to wander around and had lots of dining options near by.