This is kinda mean, but one amusing thing about Venice is watching freshly arrived tourists, with a ton of luggage, helplessly trying to find their hotel...hahaha! This a good hotel...and with a GREAT LOCATION!
10 Things about Hotel Vecellio:
1) Right at the Fondamente Nove vaparetto station...from the train station, vaparetto 4.2 or 5.2 gets you here easily.
2) Lost? No wandering the mazes of Venice to find your hotel, just head north! Buy a $4 compass beforehand!
3) No crowds! In this neighborhood you'll see where real Venetians live their lives. Sort of.
4) Scenic walk to the highly overrated, overpriced, and tourist packed Saint Mark's Square.
5) Clean, quiet, comfy room, in which the shower takes about 3-5 minutes for hot water. We had a really nice view!
6) Crappy breakfast food, mostly prepacked foods, but good coffee.
7) Wifi...they alledgely had it, but it never worked. But thats all of Italy. -1/2 Star
8) Friendly staff, though grandpa, whom works the night shift, doesn't speak much English. Wine bottle opener available!
9) 13 inch CRT TV with 2 English speaking channels: one with American shows, the other is BBC News 24/7.
10) Easy Escape: Alliguna vaparetto(FYI: 15euro) is a quick walk and takes you right to the airport with just one stop beforehand.
I'll definitely stay here again on my next Venice...but only Gawd knows how long that will be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The REAL VENICE!Perfect Venetian style, the warm feeling of marble floors, antique wood ceilings and rich drapes, make Hotel Vecellio a welcoming place in a residential part of the city that looks towards the lagoon in front of the most famous islands including Murano. Nearby there's Titian Vecellio's home and painters studio that gives this neighbourhood a distinct romantic atmosphere. The Hotel is managed by Matteo, native venetian lives in the city , he could be useful to help you to live your venetian experience such as a real venetian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Agoda, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Vecellio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vecellio Hotel Venice