“Great B&B”

Appartamento Corte Due Porte
Ranked #316 of 475 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2008

We reserved a room with a bathroom, which was great. It was a fairly large room, but the bathroom was small. The location was off the beaten path a bit, but quite close to St. Mark's square. The only watch-out were the number of stairs that were required to climb to get to the rooms. The breakfast was great, make sure to try the cappucino.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 October 2008

We stayed at 5 different hotels/B&Bs while in Europe and we were very impressed with our accomodations at this B&B - especially for the price (approximately $150/night). The room was very clean, spacious and nicely decorated. Additionally, the bathroom was massive compared to some of the other places we stayed at. The hosts were very nice and served us a wonderful breakfast each morning. All around, we were very satisfied with our experience and the value of these accomodations. Couple other hints - stay away from the Strega Nona restaurant nearby - the Pyramid restaurant a couple store fronts past is much better.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2008

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at the campiello S. Giustina. It is very easy to get to from Fondamenta Nove, although the walk is longer than 250mts as suggested in the e-mail. The B & B is lovely and clean and set in a quiet square. there are great restaurants near by, plus a supermarket. The breakfast was very good as well. We had coffee making facility which was very handy. The sites were not too far away from the B & B. will go back again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 June 2008

My husband and I just returned from a 2 week vacation in Italy. Venice was our final stop before coming home. I am not sure if the B&B was that easy to find. But someone was meeting us in the square, so that saved us from getting lost. It is very easy to get lost in Venice. We resorted to the waterbus mostly to get around.

Essentially you get what you paid for. The price was reasonable. The room that we stayed in was on the 4th floor. The stairs were a little steep. It was very hard to climb up there without any luggage. So it made even more difficult with 2 huge luggages. The room was nice and relatively spacious. The room was decorated with IKEA furniture mostly. The 1st night we were there, the A/C wasn't working. It was slightly warm in the room. The next day, they got it fixed. The bed was all right. The bathroom was cross from the hall. A little awkard and tiny. There was no shower, just a tiny half size tube. That took a little getting use to.

The breakfast room was on the 3rd floor. The breakfast was decent, nothing fancy.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2008

Campiello S. Giustina was a nice place to stay in Venice. Though Selena assured us it was a 10 minute walk to San Marco, my husband and I got lost everytime, so it seemed a bit further. Getting lost in Venice isn't such a bad thing, though! The B&B is located on a quiet square (except for the church bells we heard coming from below) in a residential area of Venice. It's very easy to get to from the Vaporetto (#82 coming from the Santa Lucia train station, I think).

We were very pleased with our room - it was surprisingly large and very clean. The bed was fairly firm, but I think you'd find this anywhere you stay within this price range. The bathroom was nice and clean as well, although the shower was a bit small - I think all European showers are similar.

Breakfast was nice - cereal, toast, biscuits, yogurt, and fresh fruit. We appreciated not having to purchase one more meal!

Overall, Campiello was a nice place to stay and I'd recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sunseekers83
Reviewed 28 April 2008

My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful short break in Venice-our first visit. Our B and B,as with Venice itself,lived up to and exceeded our expectations. The house was very easy to find having taken the No 52 waterbus from Piazalle de Roma ,alighting at the Ospedale stop(excellent directions given on booking the Band B). On arrival we were warmly welcomed and given all the appropriate information for our stay. We had booked the "small" double room as it had been the only one available. I must say that we have stayed in smaller rooms,particularly on a trip to Florence, and were more than pleased with the facilities. It was immaculately clean and had a large double bed ,which was welcome given my height-6ft 3 ins, and was extremely comfortable. The en-suite bathroom was excellent and looked as though it had been fairly recently refurbished. The breakfast was really nice, with fresh rolls etc, and there was more than enough to set you up for the day ahead. I would recommend the cappucino prepared by Silena/Franco.On our last morning we had an early flight and ,on informing Franco the previous day, breakfast was left in our room,which was nice touch. There is a shared kitchen facility , which is very useful if you require a hot drink at anytime, which suited my wife who lives on cups of tea. The only thing to consider for some people would be the number of steps to climb to the B and B, but neither of us is particularly fit(being in our late fifties) and we did not find it a problem at all.Also help is on hand if you should need any assistance with luggage.
The B and B is situated in a quiet "Campo" in the heart of the Castello area which ,as mentioned by the previous reviewer, became our favourite part of the city. Whilst wandering through the local alley ways and squares,away from the more touristy areas , it felt like you were more in touch with the "real" Venice and it's inhabitants, Although we would suggest the purchase of a very detailed map , as we did have our "moments of mystery." One site in this area I would recommend is the "Arsenale" (the old Venetian dock yards). It is not particularly highlighted in the guide books but efforts are being made to regenerate the area and the entrance to the docks is very impressive. Unfortunately you cannot go inside ,as it is a military site. It is a nice spot to have a coffee and is only a two minute walk from the San Marco basin.
We are generally loathe to recommend restaurants but on our last evening we visited "Da Alvise" which we found to be packed with locals,always a good sign, consequently it had a very lively atmosphere and we received a warm welcome, especially after we tried a few words in "pigeon" Italian. We have found ,on previous visits to Italy , that attempts at a the odd phrase in the local language always receives a positive response. The food at this restaurant was excellent and it is only a five minute stroll from the B and B. It is situated past the Ospedale waterbus stop in the opposite to the B and B, near the Fondamenta Nuove stop. The frontage is fairly non-descript but it is very nice inside.
I am sure we will return to Venice and we will have no hesitation in staying at this same B and B and would highly recommend it to anyone ,especially as the rates are very reasonable for Venice-we paid 285 euros for a three night stay in what is considered to be a peak priod.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wigansteve
Reviewed 28 February 2008

Just back from a long weekend - my first visit to venice - and was delighted with Campiello S. Giustina B&B. My room was not en-suite, but had a private bathroom next door, which was not a problem, and the proprietor had advised me of before I confirmed my booking. Everything was spotlessly clean, and it all looks either recently re furbished, or constantly maintained.
I loved the location, a short stroll to St Marks Square, and yet quiet and characterful. I walked for hours every day, and I found the Castello area to be my favourite - so pretty. I paid only 60 euros per night, although I may have been given a single occupancy discount. Worth every penny! I would highly recommend to anyone who isn't looking for 24 hour reception or room service.
Pat