Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
Hotel Diana(Venice)
The Majestic(Venice)
View Hotel
All reviewsno liftflights of stairsb bpiazza san marcothird floorsmall squareyogurtperfect locationsmall hotelnice breakfastwould stay here againrialto bridgereceptionluggagerefrigeratorbasilicamap
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I can only comment on my room, but all I can say is that it was extremely disappointing. My first clue should have been when my foot went through not one, but at least three of the hardwood floor strips. There was a large crack in the sink as well as a repaired one in the shower. The fixtures hadn't been properly cleaned in a very long time and the fabric covering the chairs an bedspread, well, I don't even want to think what has been spilled on there. Breakfast offerings were nothing more than starchy, sweet items ( a little protein would have been nice). When I approached the reception about checking out early, there was a bit of a misunderstanding. Could not book anything else as, suspiciously, the power went out in my room and seemed to be on everywhere else in the building when I went back to enquire. Alleyway where it is located very dark after sundown, so take a flashlight if you want to get in. I would give it less if I could.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

A very nice place to stay! The staff are very lovely and helpful. Our breakfast in bed was always on time. The rooms are fair sized, clean and nicely decorated. Great location, easy to find and very close to San Marco square. Highly recommend.
The only negative is several flights of stairs to get to reception which is difficult to carry large suitcases up.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Georga707
Andrea D, Responsabile reception at Casa sul Molo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2015

We want to thank you for your opinion on the stay at our Inn, and we would like to have you again as our guest.
Best regards

Reviewed 3 July 2013

My wife and I had been staying in Florence and decided to travel by train to Venice for 2 days. We booked to stay at Casa Sul Molo and what a great choice. This small B&B is ideally located some 50 metres from St Marks Square and central to many of the major attractions. The accommodation was spacious and spotlessly clean and the staff could not have been more helpful. Overall a 10/10 from us.

Room Tip: Beware the Aqua Alta!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Best regards

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed in this accommodation in December and it was a very good value for money for Venice! It is centrally located to visit several places in Venice but it is sometimes a little bit loud as it is in the center.Fortunately not late in the evening, so we could enjoy our sleep in the night.
The heating was good considered that it was too cold.The rooms are very nice and comfortable.The breakfast is not enough,so you will leave the room a little bit hungry.
All in all it was very good but I would like to mention 2 things that the owner should take in account.
The first is that the rooms on the floor at the reception can sometimes be a little bit loud at 8-9 in the morning as the breakfast is prepared.The other thing is that we forgot to ask for way directions to the hotel and noone answered on the phone.We called 5-6 times o arrival with 0 degrees outside and nobody appeared on the phone. Fortunately we masked a waiter of a cafe in the square and he searched on internet.He gave us directions and only in this way we could find the way.I think it is not logical to wait for clients and not answer on the phone.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed in the hotel in early June 2013. Basically a great location - within 1 minute stroll to San Marco piazza and about 5-7 minutes to Rialto bridge, two of the most important Venetian landmarks. The room was clean and decorated with nice, distinctive Venetian style. Spacious and good lighting. There were three of us staying, the single bed though, in my opinion needs an improvement as it wasn't a proper bed and keeps moving. The double bed is a typical 2 single-beds combined, which could also be improved. There is no lift in the hotel (as made aware by the hotel prior to booking) and is potentially a nuisance if you're carrying a heavy luggage into the third floor where the hotel is. The reception closes at 7pm but if you arrive later, a prior arrangement could be made. Staffs however were excellent and hospitable. They provided map and advice on the essentials about the city which was greatly appreciated! The breakfast is good enough, delivered at your hotel room at either 8.30 or 10.00 subject to your preference. Overall a nice place to stay with excellent locations, staffs and the rooms. The price, I think, is fair for the service provided considered it's in Venice. Highly recommended for other travellers and would certainly stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013