Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews rialto bridge google maps location is great explore venice three nights pastries umberto square toiletries
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2016

The room was OK, great location. But the bathroom smelled way too musty, gross.it was helpful how we were able to leave our luggage after checkout for a few hours, that was very nice and greatly appreciated.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Sorry this place is a right hole. We booked it because it is a two minute walk from the Rialto Bridge.

It's not easy to find this place even with the map and YouTube video they provide. It's a pain having to check into a different hotel and then going back to where you are staying too.

For what you get its an expensive hotel that isn't particularly clean. The walls are marked and have filler all over them and the bathroom stinks.

I was looking forward to check out.

Sorry I wouldn't pay to go back to this hole. AVOID at all costs.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gregory L
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Fairly decent for quick travelers who are looking to spend only the nights at the room! Location is perfect - 4-5 mins walk to Canal Gande. You can find it hard to spot the hotel at first as there are no prominent sign boards.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2016

I visited this property in September. I have stayed in Venice before and decided to stay right in the centre of town.
My partner and I arrived around 1am as our flight was delayed to the address given on the booking...this was a separate place to the reception...Its not even next door it's a completely different building and very hard to navigate to find the building.(This was never mentioned on the booking) We then had to navigate to this reception in the dark at 1:15am (not happy)

Anyway...
We checked in..I had prepaid for the room when I had made the booking. We then asked for a late check out as we had arrived so late, the boy at the check in granted us this late check out of 6pm the next day. He even wrote it down on a piece of paper and signed it for us just incase there is confusion the next day.
The young man also wrote down my credit card detail even though I had already paid for the room. (I thought this was strange..as he didn't even ask me for a pre authorisation etc)
We were due to depart on a cruise around 9pm that night so we slept in and set out for some lunch and a stroll around Venice.

We later on arrived back to the accommodation around 4:30pm to find that we had been locked out of our room.
We then walked over to the reception to see what was going on & why we had been locked out of our room. There were two Italian men at the reception which we believed one was the owner of the accommodation.
We then questioned why we locked out of our room, one of gentleman responded and said that we had overstayed our check out time which was apparently 11am.
We then responded and told him that his staff member had told us that we could check out later and we had proof of this on the piece of paper that was on the bedside table in the room. The owner answered aggressively saying that he doesn't give late check out nor does his staff. The owners tone was disgusting and he was getting more and more aggressive as the conversation went on. We then asked him where our belongings were and he said he had packed up our suitcases and removed them from the accomodation.
Mind you we both had all of our personal belongings undies etc which he had touched and shoved into one bag without our consent. He had touched our toothbrushes and just shoved them in my partners bag along with the rest of our clothes and shoes. We were disgraced and felt violated that he had gone through our belongings and packed it up.

We demanded that our bags be returned to us..I checked my bank account to find that the owner of San lio had ran €500 off my credit card without my consent or pre authorisation. I then questioned him about this transaction which at first he denied it then I went and called my bank and they confirmed it was from his business he then called it a 'pre authorisation' . Mind you this accommodations standard rate is £40 a night. So what would they need €500 euros for. He then told me it would be held for 2 weeks.

We left with a very sour taste in our mouth.
The owner was very aggressive basically accusing us of lying about a late check out.
I would never stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Glamoore88
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

The San Lio guest house is placed conveniently close to the Rialto bridge and acts as a great hub for visiting Venice. The location is the guest house absolute best asset!

Check-in was cumbersome and poorly explained, meaning that you have to carry your luggage from the guest house to another hotel where the check in takes place and then back again.

Once checked in, we were not impressed by the standards. The walls were dirty/broken and the ceiling had stains and mold!

The bed itself was clean, and that fact plus the location is the reason behind a decent score.

Will only recommend this place, if you don't plan on being too long in your hotel room during your stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple