We booked this nice, well-located apartment accommodation for 3 nights. One of the big wins with this place is it's location near St Mark's, which is less than 5 mins away. Despite being in busy San Marco, it is quiet and off to the side from busy streets. One suggestion would be to map it out before you lug around your luggage - we accidentally had to cross the Rialto twice. Note that it is on the same side as the ferry stops. You can access it off of a main street before a small ponte. About a 10 min walk from Rialto. The concierge are very friendly, contrary to the odd comment here that I previously read. We opted out of using the kitchen and washing facilities - we were on holiday of course! The room was very clean. TV in the sitting area, very new bathroom amenities, great shower pressure with constant hot water, very good mattresses. Electronically programmed safe for valuables. Great recommendations from concierge for food and coffee. E R Salva was our favourite morning cafe and pastry place - we went there almost twice a day! Things to mention: for the perfect gondola tour, walk across the Rialto and get into San Pollo. Hail a gondolier who looks relaxed. We had a very friendly one who was waiting in one of the campos we were walking through. Too many tourists try to hail a gondola in San Marco. Another good activity was too walk around St Mark's at 9-11pm. Contrary to the comment that Venice too touristy with bad food, as long as you stick to the recommendations, quality and taste were quite good. Good place to stay and happy to recommend it to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Corte Grimani is situated few steps to San Mark Square housed within an old 17th-century Venetian palace which has been completely restored. It's made up of 15 elegant apartments, and they are available in three different decors complete with all amenities. Shared spaces and services are those of a very refined apart hotel where guests can take advantage of the reception 24h/24h. The residence offers the very best of services such as daily housekeeping of the apartment, and a family atmosphere where the very attentive and professional staff welcome guests in a friendly and efficient manner, always providing information and suggestions to make the best of a stay in Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Nozio Netplan srl, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Corte Grimani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Corte Grimani Venice
- Residence Corte Grimani Hotel Venice