We flew to Venice two days early to catch a cruise. After over 20 hours in airports and airplanes, I bit the bullet and paid 110€ for a water taxi direct from the airport to the hotel. We would have saved a bit by taking a bus to Piazzale Roma and then a water taxi to the hotel. The cheapest alternative would be to fight the crowds on the vaporetto and then drag our bags up and down the steps of the bridges between the hotel and the nearest vaporetto stop.
The hotel is well hidden. The day we checked in we wanted to stay up until our normal bedtime so we got a restaurant recommendation and staggered out to St. Mark's Square and then to find the restaurant. Finding the hotel was a challenge. We forgot to take another review's advice to remember that it is directly behind the large Armani store. An hour later we finally found it.
The hotel has among the largest rooms I have ever seen in Europe. We asked for a quiet room, and except for some 4-5 am noise from another room, it was very quiet. The location could not be better. The hotel's check-out time of 10 am is early, but they let us stay an extra half hour; held our luggage and later ordered a water taxi (€90) to take us to the ship. The staff was very accomodating. We were very pleased with our choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Corte Grimani is situated few steps to San Mark Square housed within an old 17th-century Venetian palace which has been completely restored. It's made up of 15 elegant apartments, and they are available in three different decors complete with all amenities. Shared spaces and services are those of a very refined apart hotel where guests can take advantage of the reception 24h/24h. The residence offers the very best of services such as daily housekeeping of the apartment, and a family atmosphere where the very attentive and professional staff welcome guests in a friendly and efficient manner, always providing information and suggestions to make the best of a stay in Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Residence Corte Grimani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Corte Grimani Venice
- Residence Corte Grimani Hotel Venice