We stayed four nights and found this property to be ideal in location and value. The hotel is conveniently located equidistant from both San Marco Square and the Rialto Bridge in the heart of this bustling city. The well-stocked supermarket Simply is close by for groceries and such. We explored Venice all morning, returned to the Hotel to rest, and continued to see more of this awesome city in the PM because of our proximity. Consequently we were able to maximize our Venetian experience. Our 5th floor apartment had a modern bathroom, wireless internet service and a fantastic view of the inner canal bustling with Gondole. All rooms have secure shutters to keep out the noise which permitted us to sleep well and wake up refreshed and ready to go. I can't give enough praise to the hotel staff for their great recommendations on restaurants, travel logistics and places to see. For example, getting luggage to and from the water taxi stands can be challenging unless you know that the Rialto stop does not required travelers to cross any bridges. Most travelers use the San Marco stop which can be exhausting if you are not familiar with the layout and have a lot of heavy luggage as we did. Although the Hotel does not have a restaurant or a bar, we ate breakfast next door at the Hotel Bonvecchiati which offers a great buffet for 10 Euros. The Grimani staff can give you solid recommendations for dinner depending on your requirements. It would have been nice to have an expresso/capachino machine in the room but this was such a minor inconvenience I'm reluctant to even mention it. Trattoria are everywhere so finding your favorite snack, beer or expresso was never an issue. Overall, Corte Grimani is difficult to beat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Corte Grimani is situated few steps to San Mark Square housed within an old 17th-century Venetian palace which has been completely restored. It's made up of 15 elegant apartments, and they are available in three different decors complete with all amenities. Shared spaces and services are those of a very refined apart hotel where guests can take advantage of the reception 24h/24h. The residence offers the very best of services such as daily housekeeping of the apartment, and a family atmosphere where the very attentive and professional staff welcome guests in a friendly and efficient manner, always providing information and suggestions to make the best of a stay in Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Nozio Netplan srl, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Residence Corte Grimani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Corte Grimani Venice
- Residence Corte Grimani Hotel Venice