We stayed at the Corte Grimani for three nights mid October. Walked from St. Mark's Square (after getting off the Alilaguna) - took us about 15 minutes. We could not find the hotel, and stopped in at another hotel for directions, the one directly across from Giorgio Armani. (We missed the sharp left immediately after crossing the bridge).
It is in a quiet little nook, but still centrally located and easy to walk to all the key landmarks. Probably 10 - 15 mins walk to St. Marks. It was really easy to get around.
We stepped into our hotel and received a warm reception. The hotel has an elevator, free internet in the lobby and a tv in the lobby.
We were in a Classic Apartment configuration -- for two people, it was more than enough room. We also had a small side room, which we did not use at all.
The bathrooms were nice sized with aand the water pressure was good. My only complain there is that the toiletries provided were very basic.
The bed, linens, and pillows were comfortable. The drapes don't close all the way - so it might be difficult to sleep if you need the room to be completely dark (also might be tough to sleep in). One thing we did was we used the hangers (the ones with the clips that were in the room to close them together.
The room we were in was quiet and there were no disturbances at night.
There is also a mini kitchen with a washer/dryer (not a washer and a dryer just a machine that has both in there). We did not use it but could be very convenient if you wanted to buy food and cook. We got great recommendations from the hotel on places to eat and they were always spot on.
Highly recommend the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Corte Grimani is situated few steps to San Mark Square housed within an old 17th-century Venetian palace which has been completely restored. It's made up of 15 elegant apartments, and they are available in three different decors complete with all amenities. Shared spaces and services are those of a very refined apart hotel where guests can take advantage of the reception 24h/24h. The residence offers the very best of services such as daily housekeeping of the apartment, and a family atmosphere where the very attentive and professional staff welcome guests in a friendly and efficient manner, always providing information and suggestions to make the best of a stay in Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Nozio Netplan srl, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Corte Grimani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Corte Grimani Venice
- Residence Corte Grimani Hotel Venice