just come back from a weekend staying here with my wife for anniversary. we booked a superior apartment at £125 a night. v clean and comfortable. the space in these apartments is huge - one large bedroom with ensuite plus one lounge with adjoining kitchen and extra bathroom. Prob too much space for a couple but the view of one of the bridges over the canal from the lounge is beautiful. leaving the window open to watch gondolas drift by was special.
the staff were friendly and unfussy - they allowed us to use the hotel facilities (leave bags, internet, etc) after we had checked out in the morning. they do however lack food/snacks for those who arrive late like we did. Talking of which - finding the hotel is a nightmare if you arrive late at night. It is so hard to locate first time around (many locals do not know it) but that is part of its charm - it is hidden away - but a bigger sign or plaque on the hotel front would have helped. we actually went past it a couple of times before eventually finding it around midnight.
one more thing: the only TV channel in english is CNN and there is MTV. not a big issue but would have liked more choice for those moments of kicking back and relaxing in between the hard work of walking, eating and sleeping...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Corte Grimani is situated few steps to San Mark Square housed within an old 17th-century Venetian palace which has been completely restored. It's made up of 15 elegant apartments, and they are available in three different decors complete with all amenities. Shared spaces and services are those of a very refined apart hotel where guests can take advantage of the reception 24h/24h. The residence offers the very best of services such as daily housekeeping of the apartment, and a family atmosphere where the very attentive and professional staff welcome guests in a friendly and efficient manner, always providing information and suggestions to make the best of a stay in Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Corte Grimani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Corte Grimani Venice
- Residence Corte Grimani Hotel Venice