“Can't wait to return”
Review of Pensione Guerrato

Pensione Guerrato
Ranked #136 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We had a great time. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The best breakfast we had all 10 days in Italy. We can't wait to go back to Venice and will definately stay here again.

We had our family of 5 and 2 grandparents on our 3 bedroom apartment attatched to the hotel and my mother--n-law opted for a single room in the main hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 February 2010

Great hotel with a friendly staff. Comfortable room and close to Rialto and some good food. Have to walk a bit to san marco but thats the point in venice.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2010

This is a very nice hotel with excellent staff and a really terrific location. It is remarkably close to the Rialto Bridge and adjacent to the Fruit and Vegetable Market (which is really a sight worth seeing). The staff can give recommendations to some very nice restaurants nearby and, this being Venice, all the sights are within strolling distance. Be advised, however, that all of the rooms require walking up at least one flight of stairs (this was a bit of a problem because my travel companion uses a cane).

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank lion_ssem
Reviewed 12 January 2010

My husband and I chose this hotel based on Rick Steves recommendation. We were not disappointed. It was in such a great location, right down from the fish market, a minute walk to the Rialto Bridge and shopping area, the gondolas and the water taxis. The room was extremely spacious and quiet, the bathroom large. There was no TV, which was perfectly ok with me, but was a disappointment to my husband. The host were absolutely great, very friendly and helpful with getting us directions to Murano Island and the local train station to get to our next destination. The breaksfast was superb! If there is something to say about Europe it is stairs, stairs, stairs and this hotel was no different. We definitely loved this hotel and would recommend to anyone! We would stay here again in a heart beat.

Reviewed 7 November 2009

Stayed here as part of a Rick Steves tour. The location is great, just a couple of minutes from the Rialto Bridge. The hotel is very clean, comfortable and the owners and clerks all speak English. They are very knowledgeable and can help you with sightseeing, restaurants and shopping. The building is over 800 years old but has been totally updated. Yet you still get a sense of history. If we are ever fortunate enough to return to Venice we will definitely stay here.

1  Thank donboy1
Reviewed 1 November 2009

During my 2 day trip to Venice in October 2009, I had the pleasure of staying in Pensione Guerrato.

I came to Venice, Santa Lucia Station by train from Bologna. Then I took an approximately 25 minute-long walk to the Guerrato. Since I didn't have many luggage and stuff, I preferred to walk there, but one can also take either a water taxi or a public transport water line to Rialto. But if you prefer to walk, following PER RIALTO signs you can easily access to Rialto area after a nice walk through old buildings and canals.

Guerrato is a nice hotel at the heart of Venice, very close to Rialto Bridge and has a friendly staff, always kind and helpful.

I made our reservation for 2, approximately 1.5 month ago. The hotel was almost full, and they offered us the room very near to the reception desk with a shared bathroom and they informed us that it might be a little bit noisy but we accepted it.
Yes, the room was a little bit noisy as they said, but it didn't bother us since we knew it at the beginning.

Our room was clean and comfortable. We had a sink in the room. The shared restroom was also clean all the time.

We stayed on bed & breakfast and the breakfast was also satisfying. They serve fresh croissant, cheese, honey, jam, panini, coffee, orange juice and tea, also cereal and milk.

The location of the hotel is great, 10-15 minute walk to San Marco. There are also many restaurants, cafes and bars around.

It's very close to the public transportation points. For example, while we're getting back, we took the boat called the Orange Line to Marco Polo Airport from Rialto. One way is 13 euros and it takes app. 45 minutes.

The staff was helpful. In the middle of the night, my husband had an headache, they find us some pain reliever and asked if we need anything else.

Our first day in Venice was a very cold day, but when we came to the hotel at the evening, it was warm and nice.

If you have a laptop or other mobile devices enabling internet connection, they give you the password for the wireless internet which I used several times during my stay.

I guess, they generally prefer to be paid in cash and they made us a 5 euros discount for paying in cash.

I saw three different people in the reception during my stay and all of them were kind and friendly.

I recommend this hotel to the ones who are looking for a comfortable and budget stay in Venice!

1  Thank Digdem
Reviewed 24 October 2009

We stay one night in October and loved it! It was a great location, right near the fish market and very close to the Rialto and just off the vaporetto stop. Beware though - the boat we took from the airport did not stop at the stop near the hotel (Rialto Mercato), it stopped at the main Rialto stop, so we got a little lost on our way to the hotel.

Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. The owners are fantastic - very friendly and helpful. The room was HUGE and very clean. Breakfast was served in a nice room in the lobby with lots of options. Great value for the price, we paid 130 euros with the Rick Steve's discount. Compared to the other hotels was stayed at in Italy, this was one of the best for the money.