“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #117 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Relais Venezia is an excellent hotel with excellent location and helpful staff. we were impressed bu the level of service. i recommend this hotel for Venice visitors. you can easily reach St. Marco square. it is close to the boat station. the shopping streets are just outside the hotel.
George Helou

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

A fantastic small hotel thank you for a wonderful stay! The hotel is located in a central part of venice within easy reach to the square. The rooms were decorated to a high standard and breakfast was taken in the reception. Staff were friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We arrived on the 6th of August to this hotel. Everything was excellent. The recepcionist who was that afternoon welcomed us, gave us some information about Venice, places to visit, museums, good restaurants, etc and helped us with the luggage and showed us our room.
Recommendations were so good. Looking for one of them, we got lost and met same receptionist walking by the street who approached and ask us if he could help us and helped us.
Wifi didn't work at all and we had to climb many stairs to arrive to our room which was on the top floor, lift just arrives to the first floor, but because of the attention we received when we arrived and the nice the room was, all that inconveniences didn't mind at all.
Breakfast could be better, more complete, but again the service, the lady who served it was great, always smiling and asking if you need something.
If you want they bring you the breakfast to your room with no extra cost. That's great!
About the room again, you could sleep very good, we didn't hear any noise and everything was clean.
But on the last day happened one of the worst things I ever experienced.
I lost my key room, the card. I told to the receptionist who was that morning of that 9th of august that I lost it, he changed his face and said nothing.
I have to say this man wasn't the same receptionist that we found when we arrived.
When we finish our breakfast, he told us we had to pay 15€ because of loosing the room card.
I said come on, this is not written in my booking confirmation, it's the first time I hear something like this, then he showed me a paper on the table which was written that if you loose your card you will have to pay 15€. I said I wasn't going to pay 15€ for a card. He stood and began to shouted me. He shouted the card costed 40€ and he just wanted 15€ for the card. I said this card doesn't cost 40€. I said I am not going to pay that sorry. He said no problem, I will charge it to your credit card, I said don't do that. He asked me if you loose your card is your fault or our fault. I said it's mine of course. He said now you don't want to pay for the card and I have to pay 40 euros for one and go to Padua, because we got them there.
He gave us another key just to open the room and take the bags because it was our last day.
While my girlfriend was packing some stuff I went downstairs to talk again with the receptionist. I ask him if the hotel was from a chain or a family one, he replied the hotel was from a chain. I ask him which chain and he replied me I don't know. That was incredible! I said you don't know the company you work for, that's right and your name is and then he told me with an overbearing attitude, my name is Federico, I am the son of the general manager of this hotel, we have 25 small hotels in Italy, and I don't mind the opinion a 20 year old boy can have about me. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I am not 20, I am almost 30, I told him that, anyway I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
Then he told me they didn't need my 15€, they told me I could safe them.
He said with a cynical attitude it was they fault because of not having many keys.
He told me he was so sorry because of that, and sorry because of arguing in front of my girlfriend because she was nice and then he laughed at me saying if she was my wife, so If I am not 20 I am supose married.
Disgusting!
Then he told me with a fake smiling he had been talking with his brother (it is suposed brother works as well in the hotel) and he knew we were nice people.
We gave him our bags to keep them and he left them behind a chair where people have breakfast and with overbearing attitude again, he told us don't forget them (comment related to the fact I lost the card to get to the room).
He explained us an american family forget some bags in there and they didn't ask for them for a long time and then they opened them and realized there were a lot of books inside.
Didn't understand this comment. Was it meaning he could open our bags?
Fortunately when we come back everything was there.
Excellent service the one the first receptionist gave us and the one the breakfast lady gave us.
But the completely disgusting attitude of the receptionist we found last day, gaves us a bad memory of our stay in this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank RubenBCN1986
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on our trip and it was amazing! It was one of the most memorable nights we had on our 11 day trip to Italy. The hotel itself is so CUTE with a lot of modern and romantic elements to it. The staff was AMAZING, so sweet, friendly and extremely helpful. They really made us feel welcome! The location was also great as it was extremely close to everything you needed to see in Venice. In the morning we had the option of having breakfast in the lobby or breakfast in bed which was nice! We LOVED this hotel and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Don't book anywhere else. I cried when i left this hotel. It is so beautiful. Fantastic staff and perfect location. We have been back already and will definitely be back again!! Breakfast in bed! WOW.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed here for two nights. For less than three night stays you have to pay in cash so make sure you have plenty. Upon arrival they informed us that we would be in a different room each night. What a hassle but at that point no choice. Room 1 was dark and needed serious updating. Room 2 was a little better but small and not great air conditioning. They would only give us one room key by policy. Breakfast was very basic and the lowest quality that we had during our travels in Italy. The only redeeming factor for this hotel is that the location is great. I would not stay here again nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Raptorfolks
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I say enjoyable meaning the hotel itself, not for the time I spent here with food poisoning. The room was clean and nicely decorated, with space enough for our teen daughter who accompanied us. Unfortunately, I got food poisoning (not from the hotel) and spent most of my time in the bathroom. This was immaculately clean, although the shower cubicle had concertina doors to close it which were difficult.

When we had to check out I could not move so the hotel kindly let me stay longer until I could get on my feet again.

The location of the hotel is perfect, just a few streets away from the square, but do get the walking instructions and map from the hotel to find your way.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family