“In the middle of it all”
Review of Hotel Tiepolo

Hotel Tiepolo
Ranked #224 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Saint Louis, Missouri
“In the middle of it all”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Albergo Tiepolo had some mixed reviews, so we (2 couples) were a little hesitant, but decided to try it because the price was right (110 Euros for double). It is definitely hard to find inexpensive hotels in the heart of Venice near St Mark Square. There are many positives to Tiepolo.......the reception area was nice, the staff very helpful, the rooms were clean, bed was good, nice breakfast (breads, sweets, meats, cheeses, yogart, cafe, cappucino), room included a mini fridge. Only a one negative........it is hard to find (even after reading all of the reviews that told me exactly where to go), they need to erect a better sign, that tells you the hotel is located at the end of a tiny, tiny alley. This tiny, tiny alley must also be used by the locals to urinate at night as the stench was present each morning. Despite this one negative, I would definitely stay here again. It really is the perfect LOCATION for advaetures in Venice.

Room Tip: We had a double and a triple room (because that was all that was left). While the triple cost 20 Eu...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
Manchester
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The location of the hotel is wonderful with St Marco and boat stop just a minutes walk .The hotel though not being a budget hotel, the price is not very high given the location and rooms.
At first you will have difficulty finding the hotel but if you ask the reception before coming there should not be aproblem because unlike other european cities, people of venice does understand english.
The rooms are nice and tidy and the Service desk is very polite and immensely helpful.
The service desk is a plus point for this hotel.

The hotel doesnot have access to any Internet connection which is my only concern.
The breakfast was ok not great.

If you are looking for a proper Hotel to stay in Venice which are close to attraction, this is definately a place to look into.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed there in November while visiting the Biennale. The location is great, I was able to walk almost everywhere. The staff was friendly and professional. The room was tastefully modern, quiet and clean. It also had a large bathroom that seemed pretty new. I enjoyed a good breakfast every morning while looking out on the small canal. They had meat, bread, cheese, fruit, cereal, and yogurt. I especially liked the big bowl of plain yogurt. They also had some panettone or something like it.
I will certainly keep Al Tiepolo in mind for my next visit to Venice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We didn't know what to expect cos we had mix reviews bat the hotel. Especially on the locations about how difficult it is to find to the place.

I agree that the place is not easy to find as it is secluded. However, if u asked the people, they will know and It is only 3 mins walk from the water bus station at saint zaccaria. We were lucky, a porter to our help and carry the luggages for us!

The hotel is very clean but there a flight of stairs to go up in the hotel. Do not carry too many luggages. But for me, I am lucky cos my hubby travels with me and he carry those luggage up the stairs. We had two huge luggages.

What surprises us is as we were in our second honeymoon and would really love to get the canal view room, the hotel did give us and it is so beautiful as Rhodes pictures on the net!!!

Viola!!! What can I say.... It's within 3 mins walk to san Marco!!! And a gat Chinese restaurant juts next to the hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank KwanStella
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 September 2011

My daughter booked at this hotel on July 16, 2011, giving them her credit card details.
By email, they replied: “We have some problem with your credit card, it seems not correct or maybe is an electronic card. Anyway we are not able to get the authorisation to confirm the booking. Could you please send us as soon as possible a new credit card details? Visa or Mastercard please. Otherwise we will cancel the booking in Venere.com”
My daughter did not have another credit card and so was unable to send details of another card.
As the hotel said it would cancel the booking if no other card was received, she took the hotel’s word as the truth – that they would cancel the booking. She made other arrangements for her stay in Venice.
She was shocked to find that on 18 July 2011 the emailed her to tell her that “today the card is good!!”
Despite advising her that the hotel would cancel the booking if no other card details were supplied, and despite not receiving any other credit card, the hotel continued to try to process the original card. Clearly, the hotel was at fault on two counts:

1. The hotel broke its word by saying the booking would be cancelled if no further card detail was provided.
2. There was nothing wrong with the card in the first place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank Valerie L

Travellers are raving about these Venice hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Like everyone else mentioned, this is a very convenient location, it was just 5 minutes away from St.Mark's Square..and 5 minutes away from the vaporette stop (that is if you find it right away the first time). It did take me a good 15 minutes to finally locate the handwritten sign pointing towards the tiny alleyway into the 'hotel'. But once you know where it is, it's a great location. I just wish their entrance was located out of the alley way because that alley was pretty gross. Always had like fruit flies or some sort of flies flying around..but once you're inside, the place is really clean. The staff were great and helpful. I was in a single room, it was spacious enough for me and was pretty clean. Had my own bathroom, the only thing was they only give you first 30minutes of free wifi, after that, you'd have to pay.
If you're just looking for a convenient location to stay in venice with your own bathroom and stuff, then this isn't bad. I still think maybe there are better deals with the price I paid for..but it is venice after all!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank katsaire
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Location: 3 mins of walking to St.Marco's square. Not bad at all. Short way to Vaporetto stops. But....how to find the hotel? The only thing that we could see after wandering around for a while, was a SMALL sign (handwritten) on the wall, saying the name of the hotel and an arrow pointing into the alley.

Rooms: Yellow walls, which were kind of dirty and smuttered with something. We also made a big contribution to that, since we killed like 50 mosquitos during our stay. Blood all over:(:(

TV - did not work at all.

Breakfast - made me sick, and it was cheese and some salami, juice and that was about it.

Price!!! Dont make me go there. TOO pricy even though the great location. 780 EUROS for 4 nights. Not worth it at all. Maybe not that much during lower seasons, but anyway.

So, I would not recommend it. Being sick from the food and having to spray our room with bug-spray twice a day and my boyfriend me bitten approx 20 times, and they do not look good, even a week after he got them!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple