“nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Giovannina

Hotel Giovannina
Ranked #169 of 226 Speciality Lodging in Venice
Reviewed 1 August 2013

You can't expect more for that price. All you need is there: tiny (but private) bathroom, big bed, towels, soap, shampoo. The only thing we were really missing was the air conditioning at night. There was a fan but when it was working it wasn't that quiet. The staff were really nice, helpful and speaking English. Location is very good. It's very close to Venice (and that's why it's cheaper than in Venice), to train and bus station, and also to Ryanair bus stop.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Location is good as in just out of Venice and near mestre however that is the only positive. Stayed in twin room. Cold water tap doesn't work in room and left leaking onto floor. Huge puddle of water in our room on arrival. Staff are by far the rudest I've ever come across in my travels. I witnessed them twice yelling abuse at customers for trivial matters. Very disappointed. The wifi only works in the lobby an it gets super crowded and has no air con. It is quite the hell hole. Only stay here is you are really desperate

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Going up the stairs to the room, it was dark. The lights were turned off or their motion sensors weren't working. Very bad first impression.
The moment we entered our room, my brother, 65 yr old mother and myself agreed we best go some place else. The room was in a very bad condition. The bath cubicle was tiny. Mosquitoes abound. And there was only a small table fan to accomodate the 3 of us.
Being on the 1st floor, we didn't even feel safe as there were shady characters outside the establishment. So leaving the windows open for fresh air was out of the question.
Half-way thru the night, at about 2:30am, the electricity to our room was lost. I actually had to go to the nearest power fuse box to see if anything tripped and tried to turn it back on. Unsuccessful, I went down to the concierge, woke the guy up and told him the issue. Seems like this is not a new occurence at this place.
Checked out the very next morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Pathetic is Kind word I am using in fact.
The Place is full of Mosquitoes and Insects. I paid around 57 EUR for one night and I seem to be over priced for this room.
BY adding few more euros I got a much better deal in NH Laugna which is a 4* hotel.
PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE....
I almost smacked 7 Mosquitoes in the night to have a decent sleep.
See the PICS, and decide your self.

The reason for me staying here was it was close to station and I arrived very late to Venice. Also I was not able to find any hotel for the date I was arriving.
I then moved to NH Laugna Palace which is AMAZING with just paying additional 10 EUR Per Night....

Room Tip: Never Stay Here, Please
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

I don't like writing bad reviews and in fairness this hotel never claims to be anything but a budget option. But even taking that into account this place is the pits. Easily the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Dirty, smelly, run down, rude staff: you name it. Spend the extra cash and stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I don't like to bash places that are trying but lack something however I am certain these people are doing the bare minimum to keep the doors open.

Ok where to start... Dead Mosquitos splattered to walls. That statement alone should be enough to deter anyone from staying here but i will continue. No A/C or fan. Room has a 15 inch tv but has 0 functioning channels. Wifi is in 1st floor lobby and is turned off at midnight. Why this is I can only imagine is for the overnight staff to have better video download speeds for their personal use. No elevator, no breakfast. Hotel is located next to a Chinese food restaurant that bangs pots/pans and talks loudly until 2:00am+

The price was cheap but this place reaks of owners who do not give a ***k about their facility or their guests stay.

That being said the location was very convenient for those looking to access Venezia in under 20 minutes.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Recommend for short stays to see Venice, short walk to station one stop away from Venice and all its canals. Hotel staff are available 24hours and are young friendly, efficient and helpful. Old building but Rooms are simple with new beds and renovated bathrooms. No issues. (Rooms not cleaned daily). I recommend staying here for it's perfect location. Consider train direct to Salzburg, Innsbruck, Munich, or Vienna.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin_Art
Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
Hotel Regit
Casa Fiori
#65 of 226 in Venice
Giudecca
Generator Hostel Venice

Been to Hotel Giovannina? Share your experiences!