We stayed here for two days pre-cruise and it was a perfect choice. We arrived by a shared taxi from Marco Polo airport to the Hilton Molino Stucky. The Residenza is next door (a residential part of the refurbished complex) and half-price. What can be better than waking up in a corner apartment overlooking the Giudecca canal to the waking traffic on the canal as well as greeting and bidding adieu to grand cruise ships and others sailing past. The apartment was cleaned daily and a fine continental breakfast (parma ham, bread, cream cheese, milk, cream, cereal, coffee and tea ) was available daily which we enjoyed at leisure. We shopped for fruit and tomatoes at a grocery along the Fondamente San Biagio after visiting the Il Redemptoe church. Giudecca island is a quiet retreat from the madness of Venice in tourist season and allows for a sense of Venetian life. A free shuttle from the Hilton next door to Zattere and San Marco is available at regular intervals. The Alilaguna line stops at the Hilton on the way to the cruise terminal so we were able to take advantage of that easily for 7 Euros each at the end of our stay. The staff were very kind and helpful and charged our iPhone and camera as we had forgotten our European adaptor. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our luxury apartments decorated in a 17th century Venetian Style with all the modern comforts are located on the top floors of the right wing of the Molino Stucky, a late 19th century art nouveau grain mill on the Giudecca Island in Venice. Six of our apartments overlook Venice. Each of them with a unique view of the Serenissima. Their size varies from 45 to 90 square meters with high wooden ceilings, big queen size beds, spacious living rooms and bathrooms in Verona marble. We are only 10 minutes by boat from Saint Marks Square and 5 minutes from the Grand Canal. After a long and complex restoration finished in 2003, the Molino Stucky is one of the finest and most comfortable buildings in the city. We assure you that our luxury apartments and the peaceful Island of the Giudecca are the way of enjoying a relaxing holiday in Venice. This Island, just across from Saint Marks Square, has always been one of the favorite summer places of the noble Venetian families who built beautiful villas surrounded by lovely gardens and orchards, as well as churches, monasteries and convents. Some are still standing and others like the monastery of San Biagio became the Molino Stucky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Residenza Grandi Vedute reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residenza Grandi Vedute Hotel Venice
- Residenza Grandi Vedute Venice