We stayed here for three nights in Bucintoro- this was a wonderful holiday experience. In particular the unforgettable views and sunset over venice, the ease of transfer on the free shuttle directly to San Marco or Zattere stops. The transport runs regularly and reliably and the views were incredible. The room was a high standard and immaculately clean with a kitchen which enabled me to do some cooking when we were tired from all the sights. This was easy to get to from the train station (using the vaporetto) and easy to return to the station also. We visited Murano from this location and that was a beautiful vaporetto ride approx 45 mins. Breakfast was cornflakes, yoghurt, crackers, biscuits, ham, bread, juice, milk - there is a supermarket on the island and over from the Zattere stop. I cannot recommend this highly enough! And hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our luxury apartments decorated in a 17th century Venetian Style with all the modern comforts are located on the top floors of the right wing of the Molino Stucky, a late 19th century art nouveau grain mill on the Giudecca Island in Venice. Six of our apartments overlook Venice. Each of them with a unique view of the Serenissima. Their size varies from 45 to 90 square meters with high wooden ceilings, big queen size beds, spacious living rooms and bathrooms in Verona marble. We are only 10 minutes by boat from Saint Marks Square and 5 minutes from the Grand Canal. After a long and complex restoration finished in 2003, the Molino Stucky is one of the finest and most comfortable buildings in the city. We assure you that our luxury apartments and the peaceful Island of the Giudecca are the way of enjoying a relaxing holiday in Venice. This Island, just across from Saint Marks Square, has always been one of the favorite summer places of the noble Venetian families who built beautiful villas surrounded by lovely gardens and orchards, as well as churches, monasteries and convents. Some are still standing and others like the monastery of San Biagio became the Molino Stucky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Residenza Grandi Vedute reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residenza Grandi Vedute Hotel Venice
- Residenza Grandi Vedute Venice