Venice, Italy was the first country Me and my wife visited outside UK.
We went there last March 7 to 9, 2011 and luckily, we didn't know that there was a huge festival going on there which they called Mask Festival.
Going to Hilton Molino Stucky Venice is very convenient coz there's an Alilaguna Lines serving from the sea port near the Marco Polo Airport going directly to Hilton. We arrived approximately at the airport around past 12 in the afternoon and reached the hotel by 2pm.
Our stay in Venice during that time was amazing coz there was festival going on and the best thing - the weather at that time was cooperating: sunny with blue sky though its a bit cold coz the season is still winter going to spring.
Travelling from seaport going to Hilton is like having mini tour of the island already coz the Alilaguna lines passed by to almost all of the major tourist destination of the city and the scenery was utterly magnificent.
Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted and attended by the door man very politely.
The lady in the reception gave a warm welcome to us and gave a brief summary of the features of the hotel. Our room was upgraded due to I am a Hilton Honors Gold Member and I was delighted about that. The interior design of the hotel was magnificent, a truly Venetian Style.
As far as I remember, we were allocated at 4th or 5th floor of the hotel. Upon arrival to our room, we were so amazed and delighted coz the room given to us was marvelous and chic. It was a room with a living room separated from the bed room. The best part was, our room was located to the view where you can see the top view of some main parts of the city. Apart from that, we were given complimentary bottle of Bellini (Flavoured Sparkling Wine) and some chocolates. Amazing.
With regards to food at their bar lounge, nothing special. The service is quite a li'l bit slow or maybe we're just hungry and can't wait to stroll around that's why we want to be in a quick mode at that time.
Since we have this Hilton Honors thingy, we got access as well with their Executive Lounge wherein you can have a mini buffet of canapes, sandwiches, sweets, light salad, some finger foods, softdrinks, juices and the best part is alcoholic drinks which were composed of beers, wines, spirits, liqueurs and of course the italian version of champagne - prosecco.
At that time, since it was still winter, their swimming pool was closed. There were some place on top floors that were accessible to guests who wants to have an amazing view of the entire island of Venice. Since the pool was closed during that time, we just went to the Spa section of the hotel wherein you can indulged yourself and enjoyed their relaxing jacuzzi.
The hotel's building itself was very big and if you got time to stroll around, you can still go to some garden within the hotel.
One of the best thing I've experienced here was the BREAKFAST. The selections of food here was superb. I thought we're having lunch buffet already but the variety of foods, cold cuts, hot food and drinks was amazing. And the shocking part is - they served Prosecco with their breakfast - truly amazing.
The distance of the hotel from the main tourist spots was like 15-20 mins by boat. The very good thing with this hotel, they have a private boat just for Hilton guests and this is complimentary at the same time it runs from early morning till late in the evening. Just to be safe, ensure that you always have the time schedule of the boat so that atleast you've got idea if your boat already left or your waiting for nothing. As far as I remember, the boat service got a break during lunch or dinner time or both. Although Hilton is secluded from the main Island coz the hotel is in Giudecca, I prefer to be like this coz it's away from noise and you have time to relax after your busy day/night strolling around the islands of Venice.
One of the best place I've been... We might go back but not during the Mask Festival coz we experienced it already during this time...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Molino Stucky Hilton Venice has opened its doors on June 2007 and can be considered one of Europe’s most ambitious architectural restoration projects in recent years. The hotel has been created by reuniting the buildings that were once part of the Stucky Flour Mill which dates back to 1895 and counts 379 rooms including 88 executive rooms and 44 suites. We are the only hotel in Venice to offer a five-star spa and an amazing panoramic rooftop pool overlooking Venice and the Lagoon. The exclusive Skyline Rooftop Bar delights our guests with delicious cocktails with a breathtaking landscape of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, TravelUp, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel Venice
- Hilton International Venice
- Hilton Venice
- Venice Hilton