Had a week in April using my Hilton points. Very easy to get to from the airport as the Alilaguna Blue line stops right outside. I was upgraded to a room overlooking the Giudecca Canal so had fabulous views, even from the 4th floor. The room was very comfortable and spacious. An added bonus was the huge original(?) beam in the ceiling.
A word of warning - staying on Giudecca is very different from staying more centrally. The hotel does provide a free shuttle boat to Zaterre and San Marco but these run to a timetable. So no spur of the moment walks to "the sights". That said, Giudecca itself is well worth exploring. Far quieter than the main islands and a lot more residential. Still lots of canals and old buildings to see. Much of the manufacturing was done on the island and many of the factories are still there. Definitely worth spending time investigating.
Back to the hotel - we ate breakfast in the main dining room and the food was good with plenty of choice. The executive lounge is on the ground floor and is separated from the Rialto Lounge Bar by glass panels. I didn't make much use of the lounge, coffee and cold drinks available throughout the day along with nibbles. Alcohol was served in the evening (sorry forgotten the times).
Prices are as you'd expect of a Hilton in Venice, a Hilton burger in the Rialto Bar was 28 Euro and a bottle of beer 8 Euro. It was good though!
All in all, can't wait to return!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Molino Stucky Hilton Venice has opened its doors on June 2007 and can be considered one of Europe’s most ambitious architectural restoration projects in recent years. The hotel has been created by reuniting the buildings that were once part of the Stucky Flour Mill which dates back to 1895 and counts 379 rooms including 88 executive rooms and 44 suites. We are the only hotel in Venice to offer a five-star spa and an amazing panoramic rooftop pool overlooking Venice and the Lagoon. The exclusive Skyline Rooftop Bar delights our guests with delicious cocktails with a breathtaking landscape of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel Venice
- Hilton International Venice
- Hilton Venice
- Venice Hilton