I had scheduled an early morning flight from LGW (5.30am) having read reviews on how long the water bus takes (1hour 45 minutes) as i wasn't prepared to pay for a taxi both ways (110 euros one way) the water bus is 15 euros each one way
we landed at 8.30am so the water bus was quite pleasant & a nice way to see venice
Having arrived at the hotel at 11am we were advised our room was not ready - not a problem, this gave us a chance for a drink at the bar (pricey) & a wander around the hotel & then a chance to get to grips with the complimentary water shuttle boat
The shuttle: never had a problem with it, always on time, only one time it was too full from st marks stop so we walked very quickly to the next stop & managed to get on that one - no big deal
The pool & rooftop bar: drinks very expensive ie Mojito was 16 euros!, no spare beds to lie on but to be honest we were not in venice for a pool holiday, for us it was for the views & for somewhere to relax before getting ready for dinner
Service - great
Being closed for a pool party though i don't think won the hotel many top marks, if a hotel has a pool area - you generally want access to it, so perhaps whoever took this reservation should consider for next time the number of complaints received
Restaurants - cannot comment as we always prefer to eat out where the locals eat
Check in - quick & efficient, bags taken to the room for us when the room was busy
Bedroom: of a nice standard, large & spacious with large comfy beds, air conditioning worked a treat, fresh towels & bed linen every day (fyi we were in a 'standard' bedroom - no upgrades etc)
Breakfast: what a huge selection, for once i wasn't left disappointed by the offering, there was everything you could imagine & a selection for gluten free!
Staff: helpful, the concierge booked our water taxi for our departure day, no surcharges applied you just pay cash to the driver - this takes just 30 minutes & makes you feel like james bond!
We watched other tourists scramble off boats & then have to use guidebooks & useless maps whilst pulling along heavy suitcases to find their hotel in the centre of venice, the hilton alleviates any of those problems as you are taken to the door of your hotel - many central hotels cannot offer that service
For us, being away from the mayhem of central venice is what would make us return to the Hilton
Stayed 23rd August - 27th August 2013
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Molino Stucky Hilton Venice has opened its doors on June 2007 and can be considered one of Europe’s most ambitious architectural restoration projects in recent years. The hotel has been created by reuniting the buildings that were once part of the Stucky Flour Mill which dates back to 1895 and counts 379 rooms including 88 executive rooms and 44 suites. We are the only hotel in Venice to offer a five-star spa and an amazing panoramic rooftop pool overlooking Venice and the Lagoon. The exclusive Skyline Rooftop Bar delights our guests with delicious cocktails with a breathtaking landscape of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel Venice
- Hilton International Venice
- Hilton Venice
- Venice Hilton