I came here with my wife for a belated anniversary trip, and we had an amazing time!
First, the room. As a Diamond, I was upgraded from a Deluxe King room to a corner Executive SUITE on the top (non-penthouse) floor! The room was VERY large, especially for European standards. It appeared the room consisted of two separate (former) Executive rooms, with one room constituting the bedroom, and the other room the living room. The views were INCREDIBLE, with unbelievable views of the city, especially in the early evenings. Also, unlike some European hotels (even nice ones), the king bed was made of a single mattress and not two twin mattresses pushed together. The hotel itself is beautiful, preserving enough of the old world charm but bringing in the right amount of modern amenities and luxuries.
The hotel is situated on Giudecca, but the hotel runs constantly runs a shuttle service to Zattere (basically right across the Giudecca canal) as well as to a stop by St. Mark's plaza. The shuttle service was on time 100% of the time, incredibly. That you have to take a shuttle to the main island is not too much of an inconvenience at all, and is quite nice if you treasure peace and quite in the evenings.
The Executive Lounge is located on the first floor, and is a bit small. However, I never had a problem. The only hot foods: for breakfast, eggs and bacon; for happy hour, one item that rotated each day. However, if you get access to the lounge, DO get their croissants at breakfast, as they were incredibly good (fresh baked: perfectly flaky crust with soft insides).
As pretty much every place in Venice, food will be pricey the hotel. We did have a fairly mediocre lunch at the lobby bar, but what annoyed us a bit was that we were charged covers. While many restaurants/cafes in Venice charge covers, it is strange that the hotel bar charges its own occupants (on top of that, we were the only ones at the bar that lunch!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Molino Stucky Hilton Venice has opened its doors on June 2007 and can be considered one of Europe’s most ambitious architectural restoration projects in recent years. The hotel has been created by reuniting the buildings that were once part of the Stucky Flour Mill which dates back to 1895 and counts 379 rooms including 88 executive rooms and 44 suites. We are the only hotel in Venice to offer a five-star spa and an amazing panoramic rooftop pool overlooking Venice and the Lagoon. The exclusive Skyline Rooftop Bar delights our guests with delicious cocktails with a breathtaking landscape of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel Venice
- Hilton International Venice
- Hilton Venice
- Venice Hilton