We caught ferry from Fusina, great way to reach the Hotel as they had at the same drop off point a shuttle ferry. Building very impressive outside. Checkin with Giorgio was very pleasant and set my expectations.
Room basic & relatively small. No robes. I went to put curtain back on the wall holder and it started to fall out of the wall. 2 pictures in the room hung crooked and very obvious. Upon retiring for the night found a large rip in the worn out doona cover. We left the doona in a fashion that housemaid would see & reported to front desk. Upon returning to room still same. We went down to tell them & received an apology and they said we could change rooms. They did sent replacement - which really was not the point. Breakfast plentiful but they tried to charge 5euro each extra than originally quoted at checkin. There is also a 10 euro tax daily. Upon checkout found the girl impatient & and when I queried the hard to decipher invoice she became rude. Found lobby area very warm & stuffy.
Sky bar had lovely views & attentive staff. For us the location was ideal as trying to take luggage through the crowded cobbled streets of a Venice would have been a nightmare. The shuttle boat ran regularly & to late at night & with multiple drop off points. This side of Island not smelly. This hotel has the persona to be a 5 star but they need to focus on the basics to get it right as it is not cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Molino Stucky Hilton Venice has opened its doors on June 2007 and can be considered one of Europe’s most ambitious architectural restoration projects in recent years. The hotel has been created by reuniting the buildings that were once part of the Stucky Flour Mill which dates back to 1895 and counts 379 rooms including 88 executive rooms and 44 suites. We are the only hotel in Venice to offer a five-star spa and an amazing panoramic rooftop pool overlooking Venice and the Lagoon. The exclusive Skyline Rooftop Bar delights our guests with delicious cocktails with a breathtaking landscape of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel Venice
- Hilton International Venice
- Hilton Venice
- Venice Hilton