The hotel has a good location, away from the crowds, and has a scheduled boat service to the main island side. In the evening and at break times the service is infrequent. The last boat coming in is around midnight.
Some of the rooms have a low ceiling and are not very well lit. The lounge for Hilton elite members is a small area by the side of the bar. The lounge breakfast is continental along with a lightly cooked yellow liquid paste presented as scrambled eggs, and the beer/wine/snacks in the evening are not pro-actively restocked. I understand that the service used to be very good but I found it be less than that now.
For airport transportation there is a scheduled public boat ferry service which takes about 1 hour and 40 minutes for the ride from the hotel dock; ticket is 16 euros. Alternately, one could take a private water taxi for about 110 euros and be there in 30 minutes. The hotel can book the water taxi for a 5% service charge.
The rooftop bar presents a great view of the area in the evening. It could be an excellent hotel if the general level of service is brought up a notch. The place seems to be understaffed at the front desk and at the lounge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Molino Stucky Hilton Venice has opened its doors on June 2007 and can be considered one of Europe’s most ambitious architectural restoration projects in recent years. The hotel has been created by reuniting the buildings that were once part of the Stucky Flour Mill which dates back to 1895 and counts 379 rooms including 88 executive rooms and 44 suites. We are the only hotel in Venice to offer a five-star spa and an amazing panoramic rooftop pool overlooking Venice and the Lagoon. The exclusive Skyline Rooftop Bar delights our guests with delicious cocktails with a breathtaking landscape of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo and Southall Travel so you can book your Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel Venice
- Hilton International Venice
- Hilton Venice
- Venice Hilton