I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel. I booked a room for 3 people on a website that does not tell you the hotel name until after you book it. I noticed that the hotel only allowed 2 people for a regular room and with 3 people it would be a suite. So we were given a suite and it was very nice.
The property itself is very nice, definitely a beautiful resort in Venice. The problem with it is that because it is basically a resort on it's own island you have to deal with a shuttle boat in and out of the hotel to get to the main tourist areas of Venice.
Because we got a suite we were given access to the Hilton Executive Lounge. I'm not a Hilton member so that was a very pleasant surprise. This meant we got free breakfast at the lounge and it was more than adequate for the one morning we had it. I had expected to have to pay at the buffet restaurant which was probably going to be overpriced. But the selection looked good.
Only downside to the experience is the typical Hilton charging of internet. As stated above I'm not a member so we would have had to pay for WiFi. For one night the charge was outrageous but they do have packages that allow you to buy hours of WiFi use. They had a 3 hour time for 5 euros which sounded fine. But when I tried to use the code on my device(an iPad) it didn't work. I'm not sure why, so I went down to get another code and it failed the same way. I ended up returning the code and not using it. We used the free WiFi in the lobby and that was good enough. Oh well.
If I were to visit Venice again I would definitely think of staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Molino Stucky Hilton Venice has opened its doors on June 2007 and can be considered one of Europe’s most ambitious architectural restoration projects in recent years. The hotel has been created by reuniting the buildings that were once part of the Stucky Flour Mill which dates back to 1895 and counts 379 rooms including 88 executive rooms and 44 suites. We are the only hotel in Venice to offer a five-star spa and an amazing panoramic rooftop pool overlooking Venice and the Lagoon. The exclusive Skyline Rooftop Bar delights our guests with delicious cocktails with a breathtaking landscape of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel Venice
- Hilton International Venice
- Hilton Venice
- Venice Hilton