“Molino Stucky Hilton Hotel Venice”

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel
Ranked #87 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A fabulous location away from the bustle of St Marks Square. Hotel is beautiful inside although rooms can be smaller than expected. A lack of wardrobe space can be a problem if staying for more than a couple of days, otherwise the facilities are excellent. Staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Be careful not to book too far in advance as much cheaper deals can be had closer to the time of your stay. A fabulous hotel, great restaurants and bars. Vitto and Vincenzo are two brothers working in both the bar and restaurant who really looked after us throughout our stay and made my special birthday even more memorable - Thank you both. Be sure to check out the Skyline bar with its magnificent views.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Linda S
Write a ReviewReviews (7,192)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel. I booked a room for 3 people on a website that does not tell you the hotel name until after you book it. I noticed that the hotel only allowed 2 people for a regular room and with 3 people it would be a suite. So we were given a suite and it was very nice.

The property itself is very nice, definitely a beautiful resort in Venice. The problem with it is that because it is basically a resort on it's own island you have to deal with a shuttle boat in and out of the hotel to get to the main tourist areas of Venice.

Because we got a suite we were given access to the Hilton Executive Lounge. I'm not a Hilton member so that was a very pleasant surprise. This meant we got free breakfast at the lounge and it was more than adequate for the one morning we had it. I had expected to have to pay at the buffet restaurant which was probably going to be overpriced. But the selection looked good.

Only downside to the experience is the typical Hilton charging of internet. As stated above I'm not a member so we would have had to pay for WiFi. For one night the charge was outrageous but they do have packages that allow you to buy hours of WiFi use. They had a 3 hour time for 5 euros which sounded fine. But when I tried to use the code on my device(an iPad) it didn't work. I'm not sure why, so I went down to get another code and it failed the same way. I ended up returning the code and not using it. We used the free WiFi in the lobby and that was good enough. Oh well.

If I were to visit Venice again I would definitely think of staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We loved our 3 night stay at this hotel in Venice. Being a diamond member, we were upgraded to a suite, which was very spacious and comfortable. Internet worked occasionally, but we didn't spend much time in the room, so that was okay (being on the 5th floor may have been the issue there). For Hilton members, there was a room on the main floor with a buffet breakfast in the am, drinks (beer, water, pop, coffee, tea) in the afternoon til evening, with snacks later in the day. I see complaints about the water taxi shuttle service, but we found the service outstanding. The shuttle was always on time, never over-crowded, and one morning there were 3 shuttles available within 15 minutes during a busy time. Hotel staff was very helpful and quick to respond on anything! The hair dryer wasn't working and they brought another within 10 minutes. Another evening our tv wasn't working and maintenance was there within 15 minutes. Would definitely stay again!! We used points, otherwise we could not afford this hotel - it is expensive (as is everything in Venice) and we ate at the casual restaurant one night on the main floor lobby and that was very pricy for a hamburger and fries.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the water facing the Island of Venice. We were overlooking the other side, but...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debszoo43
Reviewed 2 June 2014

One of the best things I can say about this hotel is the free water taxi service they provide. It's a wonderful thing they offer to use to and from the hotel to other areas in Venice. The top of the hotel where the pool is, is AMAZING! The pool is nothing special, in fact it's kind of small. But the view is wonderful. The breakfast in the morning is good as well. We had executive rooms, so we got it for free. They also put out good snacks and what not as well. We booked our rooms as executive rooms, but somehow my parents ended up with our reservation. So the hotel ended up giving us executive privileges as well. I was disappointed when I found out that since the reservation was booked as "executive room" that both rooms looked identical when one was suppose to be "executive". You would think the room would be substationaly better. The supervisor did make up for it and offered us drinks on the house. Which was nice of him. The customer service was very well. They were quick to fix a hotel reservation issue. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Once we were checking out, they had a check bag area. This was nice since we were leaving by train later that evening and wanted to venture out with million pounds of luggage.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelcosmolady
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in December with my boyfriend and 2 of our friends.

The hotel is on an island so you have to take the hotel ferry over to the main land, however as long as you check the times each day (they are regular and run all day) you will find this just adds to your experience.

I was concerned that travelling in December would mean that we would miss out on the beauty of Venice but if anything this just added to it! The sun shone all weekend and the square was beautiful!

The hotel rooms were spacious and had amazing views of the islands. The restaurants were varied and breakfast was always full with lots of choice.

The staff were friendly and attentive.

Would defiantly stay here again.
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: A room high up with views of the canals
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked this hotel as it had the rooftop pool. I checked Hilton website and it said open from May..we travelled from 11th so expected to use it. Was very very disappointed it was shut as it was hot and I'd have been happy even just to sunbath but the hotel said no and there was no where else to!
The hotel is beautiful and the staff at the rooftop bar were fantastic and it's a lovely place to drink in the evening.
The food was over priced and was sooo bad.we had breakfast, lunch and dinner and not one of them were good.
The burger and fries was 23euro each and 6 euro service charge! Burger King is 100% better!
The toasted sandwich in pic was 18 euros plus 6 euro service charge and was a sandwich and half with crisps. I wouldn't have minded so much if the bread, cheese and ham wasn't the cheapest smart price possible in quality.
The breakfast ran out of beans, forgot to serve coffee and was very cheap quialty and bad selection.
Always keep your do not disturb sign on as staff entered after one knock 3 times and twice I was getting dressed!
Spa and gym were great and staff fantastic.
The boat was also great and easy to use.
Take mositio spray as u get bitten badly.
A single gin and tonic at hilton was 17euros and waited 30 mins for service.
Unfortunately I had to complain several times which ruined the holiday as I've never had this before and I travel a lot!
Manager was apparently busy and I've waited two weeks for email I'm meant to have been sent by him about the problems.
Over priced and very disappointed with this trip

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank angelface1111
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Molina Stucky for three nights at the end of a 10 day trip to Italy. It just so happened to be St. Mark's Day, the patron saint of Venice. We didn't know it when booking, but we got a deal stay at this luxe hotel just a boat shuttle away from St. Mark's Square and all the festivities. The shuttle takes approx. 20 minutes and gives you vistas of the island not seen by most. The hotel rooms were extremely spacious even by American standards. The foyer and closet with its built in light and drawers were very luxurious. The black and white marble bathroom was outstanding! One of the things we enjoyed the most at the end of our trip was the high quality bed and pillows.

Stayed: April 2014