“Lovely and unique but hard to access”

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel
Ranked #84 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a beautifully restored former flour mill, making it a unique building, The lobby had some very striking and unusual fresh flower arrangements that complimented the space nicely.

My husband is a Hilton Honors member so we were upgraded to a huge beautiful 2 room suite. It was so big that it had 3 refrigerators, one in the entry way, one in the living area and one in the bedroom! The furniture was pretty and the chandeliers looked like Murano glass. The bathroom was incredible, huge and lavish. Every luxury was provided: complimentary Belinis, candy and turndown service, and high quality toiletries, linens, robes and slippers. Since it was our anniversary, they even placed a heart of rose petals on the bed. No view but that was ok.

The Executive Lounge experience was a bit odd. We arrived quite early before our room was ready and went to the lounge for coffee. At the door we were told that the lounge was very busy and that we could go to the hotel restaurant for a reasonably priced lunch buffet. It was 10 AM. When I said we just wanted to sit and have coffee, he gave us to go cups of coffee. It was much better at happy hour.

Service was otherwise good. Everyone was very nice and eager to be helpful.

The only real issue was that the complimentary water shuttle only ran once an hour and after we waited an hour, it filled up before we could get on. We had to walk a ways to get a water bus and managing the transportation took a lot of time from our day.

Overall, I enjoyed the experience and would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PennWanderer

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I left the Hilton after a wonderful 3 night stay last Wednesday after getting off a 7 day cruise ship adventure. a little b'day gift to myself. Anyway, I always wanted to see Venice and had the opportunity after the cruise. When I checked in, the staff was extremely courteous helpful, nice and the Concierge was very knowledgeable about all of the surrounding places to tour. In addition, I wasn't feeling very well and was out of aspirin that goes well with my other meds for back pain. They recognized that I was in distress and was going to go the local pharmacy to get aspirin for me. They asked how I was feeling every single time they saw me after that.” I was traveling solo so I really appreciated the thoughtfulness." They also provide a complimentary shuttle boat for San Marco and The Glass Factory in Murano. I must say the Alliguana Boat Guys are really cute and Very Courteous as well. This is even a better reflection on the Hotel- (the courteous), not the cuteness- although a little eye candy is not band:---). I wish I could provide all of their names individually....however, since “I don't want to Leave Anyone Out,” I'll just end this by saying, This HOTEL is a cut above all else. It was clean the food was very good, the atmosphere and location was simply breathtaking and the service was GREAT!! I will stay there again and again. I "HIGHLY Recommend.."The Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel." They made the end of my b'day trip VERY SPECIAL....Thank you all!!

Room Tip: I was facing the Courtyard which was very nice. My suite was perfect with all the amenities. I don...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Claudia B
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Shhh...don't tell anyone...this is a great 5 star hotel in Venice Italy...and if you watch hotwire.com you might be able to snatch it up at a 4 star price.

My wife and I recently did just that. What a wonderful stay we had in this beautifully restored factory turned into the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel.

The rooms were large and the bed comfortable...while I personally would have preferred a softer pillow...the corner room with our amazing view more than made up for that.

If you do choose to stay here...do not forget to go to the 7th floor for the view and the sky bar...there is not a more amazing view of Venice

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel was once a flour mill and now a beautifully restored hotel. The hotel is on Guidecca Island which is minutes away from San Marco by Hilton's complimentary shuttle boat that stops at Zattere and San Marco.
We arrived early morning after getting off our cruise ship. Our room was not ready so we decided to sit and have coffee and wait....we did bug them several times about the room being ready and it must have helped because we only waited about an hour and a half and that's not bad!
My husband is a Diamond Hilton Honor member so we did receive an upgrade to a suite. The room was lovely although not much of a view and I was not going to complain after the upgrade! Everything with the room was very clean and well maintained. Bathroom was quite large and well stocked. So no complains at all on the room....actually much larger than US rooms. The Executive lounge was a bit of a disappointment - it was a long narrow hallway type of room, very strange!! It served very average items all day long but again you can go in and have coffee and a pastry and in the afternoon a glass of wine.
We very much enjoyed their rooftop bar!!! What a view! This is the perfect spot to have a great drink and relax after a long day of touring and walking. We enjoyed their interesting drinks and snacks they serve and their service was always great. The best is the view of Venice as you sit and enjoy that drink and talk about your great day in Venice!
Overall, I recommend this hotel! We did go in May and I did hear that the busy season starts in June (although May was fairly crowed) I understand that the wait time for the shuttle becomes much longer...we had no problem or wait time - but I can see how during busy season you might have a longer wait time because the shuttle only seats about 40 people.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at the Molino stucky in May for 2 nights prior to a cruise. We flew into the venice airport and boarded Alilugana Blu to the hotel. We arrived at 2pm and our room was ready..703 with a fabulous view of Venice and down the Guidecca Canal. Our room was spacious, well appointed with wonderful windows in the main room and also the bathroom. There was so much activity on the canal day and night...it was just delightful to watch. The bathroom was very spacious with large shower and separate tub overlooking the canal. Our room and the entire floor was very quiet. The roof top bar, pool area are amazing!!!
Breakfast was included with our reservation with excellent hot and cold choices, fruit, pastries.
Another plus is there water taxi service to Zattere (across the canal) and to San Marco. The front desk staff were very helpful. They recommended an excellent pizza place across the canal in Zatterre called OKE. After a busy day in Venice proper, it was so wonderful to come back to this great property. We will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: our room was 703...quiet, large, excellent view
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The location is spectacular, right on the Grand Canal.

Service was efficient and rooms an excellent quality as we have come to expect from Hilton.

A really sympathetic conversion of a historic building, great pool on the roof and our son loved being able to watch the cruise liners passing right by the window.

Breakfast service was a bit chaotic but it didn't detract from our stay at all.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A fabulous location away from the bustle of St Marks Square. Hotel is beautiful inside although rooms can be smaller than expected. A lack of wardrobe space can be a problem if staying for more than a couple of days, otherwise the facilities are excellent. Staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Be careful not to book too far in advance as much cheaper deals can be had closer to the time of your stay. A fabulous hotel, great restaurants and bars. Vitto and Vincenzo are two brothers working in both the bar and restaurant who really looked after us throughout our stay and made my special birthday even more memorable - Thank you both. Be sure to check out the Skyline bar with its magnificent views.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts