“Fantastic!”

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel
Ranked #84 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Guardian Life, the company I'm employed with, held their sales convention,one day business session at this hotel. A Venetian ball and gala diner was also celebrated there before we boarded the Splendor of the seas for a Mediterranean cruise. We arrived on May 22nd. The staff was quite courteous and offered great SERVICE. What a dream and a great experience. A hotel situated on water. The meals prepared at both restaurants were quite delicious. We enjoyed "happy hour" by the pool. Rooms were spacious and sanitary at all times. Comfort at the tip of your fingers

Room Tip: Front view facing the waterfront
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mrinalini S
MolinoStuckyHilton, Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Sir/Madame,
Thank you for your kind comments on Tripadvisor.
It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Molino Stucky and have especially appreciated our service as well as the offer of our restaurants.
We hope we can welcome you soon again here in Venice, maybe this time for a leisure trip.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Recently visited Venice for the first time on vacation. We chose to stay at the Hilton Molino Stucky mainly because we had some points for a free stay. I did have some concerns about the location but thought it worth the risk.

What a great place. Yes, it is on Giudecca which is separated from the two main islands but the hotel operates a free taxi across to Zattere and San Marco and there are frequent water buses so it really is no problem. In fact we enjoyed retiring to the relatively quiet surroundings in the evening. As Giudecca is mainly residential the local restaurants are cheaper and less touristy and, if you want to push the boat out, there is always Harry's Dolci just a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

The hotel itself is a fabulous building that used to be a flour mill. The original change of use was very sympathetically done with original ceiling beams and cast iron pillars. Recently renovated the condition was very good and we had a room overlooking the city which afforded great views.

There is a very chic rooftop bar and pool as well as a spa but we didn't have time to use any of those.

The staff at the hotel were excellent with great service and advice on trips and restaurants.

If there is a down side it is that the hotel is very large and focused on business conferences so you can run into crowds of business people milling around.

Room Tip: Try and get a room over looking the city
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Broughters
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel is conveniently located across the canal from the downtown area of Venice with its own dock on Canale Della Guidecca. Regular scheduled courtesy boat transports to San Markus square and to Zattere makes it easy to get to the hart of the city from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Anders S. W

Dear Sir, Madame,

Thank you for your kind review and comments on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and have especially appreciated the location on the Giudecca island as well as our complimentary water shuttle service.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again, not only at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice but also at any of our other Hilton hotels.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here for just two days here back in August 2013, and we so wish we could have stayed longer. We got here right in the middle of our London-Paris-Venice-Florence-Rome trip and we couldn't have asked for more.

The hotel's location was well away from the tourist crowd on the other side but not too far away with the very frequent and free hotel shuttle. The rooms were just beautiful, the lobby, and other common areas were just great. The roof top pool was fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SassyFogg
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

First things first I do not know if I should tell you about this place because being selfish I do not know if I want any more people to come to this fantastic place. I booked it on Hotwire site (that another great site ) and before I came I exchanged a few emails with the hilton as I was bringing my son his wife and child. On arrival I was greeted by a fantastic receptionist Betti she sorted every thing out straight away and explained on out our rooms and the executive lounge The room was unbelievable attention to detail very good. On first using this lounge I was a bit disappointed as where other as no tables had been cleared and not food or drink. However the next time this had all changed as there was food the tables constantly cleaned. You also get a free water taxi to ST Marks Square the sights from the taxi leave you breathless. As I said a great place away from the heat of Venice, and it has a pool

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank XX_TOM_XX_13
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is immediately south of Venice and an ideal spot for those going to multiple destinations. We were staying in Venice the night before a cruise, and the hotel was nearly equidistant between St. Mark's Square and the Cruise Port by water taxi. The hotel has welcoming and modern accents throughout and the rooms were excellent.

Two minor complaints, however:

First, the hotel porters were a bit over eager. I like to handle my own bags because a) I am capable; b) I bring little and; c) I had little spare change for tips. This was irrelevant as I could barely keep hold of my bags with their zealous attention to duty (and tip).

Second, the hotel NEEDS a complimentary breakfast. Because the hotel is on a separate island south of Venice it is very far from any restaurants and thus the hotel has a miniature monopoly on breakfast. For the price of this hotel and it's incredible amenities, I'd expect at least a continental.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Joey T
MolinoStuckyHilton, Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Sir, Madame,

Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and for sharing your experience. I am pleased you enjoyed your room and the Hotel.

I am disappointed that you felt our Bell Boys to be too dedicated, from my point of view this is a quite positive attitude and may I take this opportunity to inform you that as in most of Europe, tipping isn’t expected in Italy.

The Hilton Molino Stucky is located in the Giudecca island, a nice and quiet residential area, just a 12 minutes boat ride from the crowded city centre and is especially appreciated by guests and visitors who like to enjoy a more relaxing side of Venice.
It also hosts a number of good and excellent bars and restaurants (walking distance from the hotel), some of them belonging to the old Venetian cooking tradition, which we will be glad to recommend at the next opportunity of a visit in Venice.
As regards the complimentary breakfast may I advise that we have a wide range of rates, some do include breakfast and some do not. On your next booking to the hotel please ask our reservation colleagues about our best offers which include breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.
Best regards.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at this Hotel in February of 2014. It is not on the Grand Canal. However, the location is still great. There are Ferries from the hotel free of charge to where all of the action is. Be sure to get the timetable from the front desk and you are set to go. The location is quite nice as it is still water front but not too far from all of the happenings in Venice.

The hotel was well equipped and the room was spacious. The bathroom was large and had all modern amenities. The wifi was also quite fast, you wont be disappointed there. We were also greated warmly by the staff and they were kind enough to look after our needs. There is a nice little buffet for Hilton Honors members at certain points throughout the day. I would say this is a solid hotel and provided good value for the stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JimSingh11

Dear Sir, Madame,

Thank you for posting your extremely positive review on Tripadvisor and for sharing your opinion on the Hilton Molino Stucky.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for mentioning the hotel facilities like our Executive Lounge and our complimentary shuttle boat.

Thank you for being our guest, I hope to have the chance to welcome you soon again.

Sincerely.