7,733 results
All reviewsthe executive loungerooftop poolshuttle boatflour millmain islandskyline bardiamond membernutella barfree shuttleshuttle servicegiudecca islandbeautiful hotelsan marcolarge hotelhotel boatfamily suitethe hotel offers
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here for just two days here back in August 2013, and we so wish we could have stayed longer. We got here right in the middle of our London-Paris-Venice-Florence-Rome trip and we couldn't have asked for more.

The hotel's location was well away from the tourist crowd on the other side but not too far away with the very frequent and free hotel shuttle. The rooms were just beautiful, the lobby, and other common areas were just great. The roof top pool was fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SassyFogg
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

First things first I do not know if I should tell you about this place because being selfish I do not know if I want any more people to come to this fantastic place. I booked it on Hotwire site (that another great site ) and before I came I exchanged a few emails with the hilton as I was bringing my son his wife and child. On arrival I was greeted by a fantastic receptionist Betti she sorted every thing out straight away and explained on out our rooms and the executive lounge The room was unbelievable attention to detail very good. On first using this lounge I was a bit disappointed as where other as no tables had been cleared and not food or drink. However the next time this had all changed as there was food the tables constantly cleaned. You also get a free water taxi to ST Marks Square the sights from the taxi leave you breathless. As I said a great place away from the heat of Venice, and it has a pool

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank XX_TOM_XX_13
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is immediately south of Venice and an ideal spot for those going to multiple destinations. We were staying in Venice the night before a cruise, and the hotel was nearly equidistant between St. Mark's Square and the Cruise Port by water taxi. The hotel has welcoming and modern accents throughout and the rooms were excellent.

Two minor complaints, however:

First, the hotel porters were a bit over eager. I like to handle my own bags because a) I am capable; b) I bring little and; c) I had little spare change for tips. This was irrelevant as I could barely keep hold of my bags with their zealous attention to duty (and tip).

Second, the hotel NEEDS a complimentary breakfast. Because the hotel is on a separate island south of Venice it is very far from any restaurants and thus the hotel has a miniature monopoly on breakfast. For the price of this hotel and it's incredible amenities, I'd expect at least a continental.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Joey T
MolinoStuckyHilton, Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Sir, Madame,

Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and for sharing your experience. I am pleased you enjoyed your room and the Hotel.

I am disappointed that you felt our Bell Boys to be too dedicated, from my point of view this is a quite positive attitude and may I take this opportunity to inform you that as in most of Europe, tipping isn’t expected in Italy.

The Hilton Molino Stucky is located in the Giudecca island, a nice and quiet residential area, just a 12 minutes boat ride from the crowded city centre and is especially appreciated by guests and visitors who like to enjoy a more relaxing side of Venice.
It also hosts a number of good and excellent bars and restaurants (walking distance from the hotel), some of them belonging to the old Venetian cooking tradition, which we will be glad to recommend at the next opportunity of a visit in Venice.
As regards the complimentary breakfast may I advise that we have a wide range of rates, some do include breakfast and some do not. On your next booking to the hotel please ask our reservation colleagues about our best offers which include breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.
Best regards.

Antonio Ruano
Director of Operations

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at this Hotel in February of 2014. It is not on the Grand Canal. However, the location is still great. There are Ferries from the hotel free of charge to where all of the action is. Be sure to get the timetable from the front desk and you are set to go. The location is quite nice as it is still water front but not too far from all of the happenings in Venice.

The hotel was well equipped and the room was spacious. The bathroom was large and had all modern amenities. The wifi was also quite fast, you wont be disappointed there. We were also greated warmly by the staff and they were kind enough to look after our needs. There is a nice little buffet for Hilton Honors members at certain points throughout the day. I would say this is a solid hotel and provided good value for the stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JimSingh11

Dear Sir, Madame,

Thank you for posting your extremely positive review on Tripadvisor and for sharing your opinion on the Hilton Molino Stucky.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for mentioning the hotel facilities like our Executive Lounge and our complimentary shuttle boat.

Thank you for being our guest, I hope to have the chance to welcome you soon again.

Sincerely.

Antonio Ruano
Director of Operations

Reviewed 9 June 2014

If money is no problem and you are very patient, this is not a bad place to visit Venice from. Upgraded to a premium room, nice room, not that special, had a great view of the gas station and dilapidated building next door. Pet peeve, why do big chain hotels gouge for wifi? We spent three weeks in Italy, free wifi everywhere we went, except here, €24 euro for three days, really? Next, bought coffee to go at the restaurant one morning, €16 euro for one double espresso and a cappuccino. While there is a shuttle boat from the hotel to the island, you can get stranded there for quite a while. The boat comes from San Marco, then stops at Zattere. (Directly across the water from the hotel)During busy times the boat will be full by the time if gets to Zattere, you could have to wait for an hour or more to get across the water. Best go to plaza San Marco (farther away from the hotel) if you want to get back. If you insist on staying at an American style hotel, and you are flush with cash, stay here. If not, actually stay in Venice proper.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple